cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I'm Amanda. I'm wanting to upgrade from my Sony Xperia Z to the Sony Xperia Z5 but I'm worried as my current phone only has device storage and I don't want to loose my many pictures etc
Is it possible to transfer everything from old phone to new? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Just download Sony PC Companion and back up your old phone. Once you set up your new phone just restore that backup to it.
Another way is to turn on NFC on your old phone and your new phone will ask if you want to transfer data from it, just make sure you have both phones with you to do it this way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 122136 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous  Welcome to the forum wink

We have a couple of Sony experts on here @viridis (who has the Z5) and @MI5  they will be along shortly to talk to you about transferring data onto your new device

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Just download Sony PC Companion and back up your old phone. Once you set up your new phone just restore that backup to it.
Another way is to turn on NFC on your old phone and your new phone will ask if you want to transfer data from it, just make sure you have both phones with you to do it this way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
You can also use Xperia transfer app and an OTG cable and connect the two phones, Xperia transfer will Copy over all your items to the new phone.
Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

You can also download the Google Photos app from the Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community! I hope you find helpful all the advice above!
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for google photos 

let it scan the phone and find all folders on the old device 

nip into settings and select backup only on wifi and i pick on charge only (runs overnight then) 

sign in to new device and all you photos will be waiting 

ive used google photos since it launched and migrated to multiple devices with no issues 

post back if your not sure or pm me 

Message 7 of 7