cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why am I paying for 3GB but only getting 1GB?
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @perksie @MI5

I'll have to put my 'thinking cap' on with this ... ie ... do I up to £12 per month with O2 ... or ... just stay settled with what my bank offers under my current home insurance, with its £250 excess ... or ... go with say Nationwide which is what I remember @jonsie & @Cleoriff saying on another thread where I think I was op

I'd appreciate your thoughts ... I've not much of a financial head upon my shoulders slight_frown

& do I keep on posting on this thread, which is not mine & Android ... or ... transfer to my thread 'I'm fancying a Nokia 635?'

Message 41 of 48

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Quick maths lesson.
A Nokia 635 can be bought today for £60 from O2 PAYG.
Therefore that's 10 months or 5 months of insurance payments. If you pay £6 a month for the duration of your 2 year contract you will pay for 2.5 phones.
If you are likely to claim more than 3 times in the next 2 years, keep paying insurance. If not, try and put £10 a month away yourself to cover any mishaps and you will be saving money.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 42 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @MI5

I can understand what you say

moocho merlot planned for you in Wanty's wink

Message 43 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous If you want I can pass this on for you. Send me a Private Message with your details and the approximate date and time that you phoned CS.

I've sent you a pm @Anonymous thank you

Message 44 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi lads & Cleoriff

re: the above  ^   ^   ^

just got off the phone talking with a lovely woman at O2 CS ...name of Rachel (don't know the name of the call centre) but @Toby can you feed back & get this lovely woman who helped me right royally 'a credit' please?

Right I have 3 bolt-ons:

1: 300mb data

2: £6 per month O2 insurance (sorry jonsie you told me not to go with this) but for convenience sake I did,         that & the fact that my bank's excess is £250 (I later found out) ... & an O2 town shop salesman said I           could get 2 phones for that

3: Travel Europe 

Well, at least I now know what it is I've got

I don't see any sense in paying for stuff eg extra data which I'm not going to use

thank you slight_smile

you kudo'd me @Cleoriff thank you

Message 45 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous It was the comment 'No point me paying for stuff I am not going to use' that deserved the kudo......A sensible and practical approach to life wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you again for the explanation @Cleoriff ..... I am from Yorkshire after all wink

Message 47 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

thank you again for the explanation @Cleoriff ..... I am from Yorkshire after all wink

As are a lot of my extended family....Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 48