cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why am I paying for 3GB but only getting 1GB?
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

March? Oh yes definitely a mess up there from O2... particularly if @Anonymous is actually paying for 3gb....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
When I was getting my contract I saw that my tariff was unlimited minutes and calls and 3GB but now I just checked my O2 and seen it says 1GB of data

Your unlimited minutes and texts cannot be pro-rata as they are unlimited. Your 3GB data allowance will be pro-rata which is why you only have 1GB this month.

On your bill date (which should be on your paperwork) you will get your full 3GB data.

@Anonymous @Anonymous

I'm the same as the above post  ^   ^   ^

I understand that when I changed to my phone to my 1st smartphone May/June time ... = ... Nokia Lumia 640 lte, I needed more data (@MI5 told me about this) I believe I have 3 bolt-ons re data ... I have learned from @Cleoriff & @MI5 that I do have wi-fi at home, & so my data allowance goes down very very slowly ..... so ..... do I need the full 3 bolt-ons of data bought when I paid £40 off my old device ..... & got the new smartphone in the town's O2 shop ..... I do not know My O2 four letter pin, the salesman in the shop only asked me my mother's maiden name, I could hazzard a guess though

If the above doesn't make sense will you please come back to me

As you know I'm a tech novice, but trying very hard to learn & remember things

thank you 

Message 12 of 48

MI5
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Jane, just log into your My O2 and see what the bolt ons are for, first.
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 13 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 124236 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Jane, just log into your My O2 and see what the bolt ons are for, first.
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I was just about to say the same....as surely Jane can remove those that she no longer wants? Or if she is more comfortable...ask the O2 shop to do it for her?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 48

MI5
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
There should only be one data bolt on. Another may be O2 Travel, but yes, if too many data bolt ons they can be cancelled in there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

As @MI5 as already said, you should only have 1 data bundle and not 3. Sometimes 2 might show on your bill if you have changed it recently (1 pro-rata debit and 1 pro-rata credit).

If for any reason there are 3 data bundles active on your account, you can cancel any of these.

Message 16 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

been into My O2

I have one bolt on which is for data 

the other 2 bolt ons it does not say

my hunch is all 3 bolt ons are so much data

my phone does not show 300 data when at monthly start ..... but My O2 shows it correctly in the 'pie chart'

In June my data used was very much up ..... not in May nor in July

I was paying about £16:00 on my old phone monthly plan

Now I'm paying about £34:50 per month, this is before I knew about being able to use wi-fi at home

The O2 staff in the shop are now not that helpful to me as they know I do not come in for a sale of something, just advice & they are all miserable-faced even when the shop is empty with all 5 staff doing  nothing but frowning, this'd be at 4pm on a weekday ..... but that is bye the bye

I hope I've made sense above  ^   ^   ^  if not please ask

thank you

Message 17 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @Anonymous

I do not have a paper bill

I've tried to go paperless in my life as much as I can ..... = ..... just trying to get into the life of the 21st century

I do not wish to pay for having more data than I need

I'm not into playing games on my smartphone

but can I access the internet on it, if so I've not done so, & would setting that up require more data so I'd run into say the 2nd bolt-on, as I've said I think its data

I suppose, redtitbit if I cancel the 3rd bolt-on then I could always re-instate it in the future should I find I need it

Please tell me if there is a time-limit I can alter a bolt-on, I mean I can clearly remember the salesman in the O2 shop saying something like I can't alter something until next month as I've already once altered something ..... sorry to be so vague

thank you

Message 18 of 48

MI5
  • 146972 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Jane, you can call cs on 202 and they will check and advise you too.
Message 19 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Jane, you can call cs on 202 and they will check and advise you too.

Absolutely, call customer services and make sure you are paying for what you actually need. Check with them how many bundles are active on your account etc

Message 20 of 48