cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drops out during a call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

 

This is pretty consistent, that during a call, I will lose the data signal and drop down to G, from H+ (5 bars) on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha. So if I want to look something up, while on a phone call, that I will not get data back until I finish the call.

 

I was wondering if there was a setting that hasn't been enabled?

 

Currently on a monthly contract.

 

Message 1 of 9
3,476 Views
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 112394 Posts
  • 801 Topics
  • 6692 Solutions
Registered:

Hi @Anonymous Is this a recent issue?

Have you checked your mast status here?... http://status.o2.co.uk/

You can also check your data settings here ...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Services/m-p/544202#U544202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9
3,473 Views

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 128140 Posts
  • 614 Topics
  • 22488 Solutions
Registered:
Fairly typical tbh. Sometimes I can hold onto H when on a call but mostly it drops to G.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 3 of 9
3,468 Views

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff,

This has been going on for quite a while (at least as long as I have been on contract with O2). I live and work around Sutton and Wimbledon in London.

Signal strength is normally very good.

 

OK. I have looked at the mobile network settings, and I am surprised to see a few differences between the settings that were sent out.

 

Differences

 

MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy - 193.113.200.195

MMS Port - 8080

Authentication type - PAP

Message 4 of 9
3,462 Views

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13480 Posts
  • 100 Topics
  • 307 Solutions
Registered:
Does my head in tbh, but only cuz the calls start in HD calling quality and after a minute or so goes crap again.
I set network to 3g only now to retain hd calls and still get 15mb speed
Message 5 of 9
3,453 Views

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 128140 Posts
  • 614 Topics
  • 22488 Solutions
Registered:
It's due to capacity issues, I'm sure of it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 6 of 9
3,452 Views

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's due to capacity issues, I'm sure of it.

I agree as I have the same issue which actually doesn't bother me, my opinion is that if you are on H or whatever you get in the area then answer a call, it drops to G so,it can concentrate the signal on the phone call instead of over compensating with trying to have signal for data & calls at the same time 

 

i could be wrong though 

Message 7 of 9
3,386 Views

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 128140 Posts
  • 614 Topics
  • 22488 Solutions
Registered:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's due to capacity issues, I'm sure of it.

I agree as I have the same issue which actually doesn't bother me, my opinion is that if you are on H or whatever you get in the area then answer a call, it drops to G so,it can concentrate the signal on the phone call instead of over compensating with trying to have signal for data & calls at the same time 

 

i could be wrong though 


That's the way I see it too.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 8 of 9
3,371 Views

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
It's due to capacity issues, I'm sure of it.

I agree as I have the same issue which actually doesn't bother me, my opinion is that if you are on H or whatever you get in the area then answer a call, it drops to G so,it can concentrate the signal on the phone call instead of over compensating with trying to have signal for data & calls at the same time 

 

i could be wrong though 


That's the way I see it too.....


Good to know that somebody else thinks so as well 

Message 9 of 9
3,366 Views