cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drops out during a call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This is pretty consistent, that during a call, I will lose the data signal and drop down to G, from H+ (5 bars) on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha. So if I want to look something up, while on a phone call, that I will not get data back until I finish the call.

I was wondering if there was a setting that hasn't been enabled?

Currently on a monthly contract.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Is this a recent issue?

Have you checked your mast status here?... http://status.o2.co.uk/

You can also check your data settings here ...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Services/m-p/544202#U544202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Fairly typical tbh. Sometimes I can hold onto H when on a call but mostly it drops to G.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff,

This has been going on for quite a while (at least as long as I have been on contract with O2). I live and work around Sutton and Wimbledon in London.

Signal strength is normally very good.

OK. I have looked at the mobile network settings, and I am surprised to see a few differences between the settings that were sent out.

Differences

MMSC - http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy - 193.113.200.195

MMS Port - 8080

Authentication type - PAP

Message 4 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Does my head in tbh, but only cuz the calls start in HD calling quality and after a minute or so goes crap again.
I set network to 3g only now to retain hd calls and still get 15mb speed
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's due to capacity issues, I'm sure of it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I agree as I have the same issue which actually doesn't bother me, my opinion is that if you are on H or whatever you get in the area then answer a call, it drops to G so,it can concentrate the signal on the phone call instead of over compensating with trying to have signal for data & calls at the same time 

i could be wrong though 

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

I agree as I have the same issue which actually doesn't bother me, my opinion is that if you are on H or whatever you get in the area then answer a call, it drops to G so,it can concentrate the signal on the phone call instead of over compensating with trying to have signal for data & calls at the same time 

i could be wrong though 

That's the way I see it too.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

i could be wrong though 

That's the way I see it too.....

Good to know that somebody else thinks so as well 

Message 9 of 9