cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged Samsung 2017 A3 screen sim swap to my old pre2017 A3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am about to send my 2017 Samsung A3 away for repair and I want to use my old pre-2017 A3 with my current O2 sim card.

What is the protocol after I have switched the Sim cards to my older version Samsung A3 ?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

No need to do anything else if the sim is the same size, just insert it and use. 

If it's a different size then pop into your local O2 store and they will swap it over for you free. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

No need to do anything else if the sim is the same size, just insert it and use. 

If it's a different size then pop into your local O2 store and they will swap it over for you free. 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You can use any phone you like, o2 don't care as long as you pay your bill slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thank you for your reply but I did what you said but the screen prompts me to enter a Network Sim Pin code.

Do i need to contact my provider for this ?

Many thanks.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
That would indicate that your phone is locked to your previous network, so you would have to contact them for the unlock code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I think I know why its asking for a Sim Network unlock pin, its because I have moved networks and my old device is locked to the previous provider.

Thank for trying to answer my query anyway.

Chris.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes, as I said above......

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7