cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting epad to o2 email settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Zenithink zt180 which somehow lost connection to its 'News & Weather" App and Gmail. Did a factory reset which lost me my o2 email connection, now I can't reset the server/ports settings with any combination: have tried (incoming)

Username (without '@o2.co.uk')

Password= password

Pop3 server  mail.o2.co.uk

Port   110

Security   None

Delete email from server   Never.

Cant get past this to set Outgoing settings (Smtp.o2.co.uk  Port 25)

Any help with this much appreciated.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

The sticker under the router says my username is Administrator, but I can leave the password blank? Just noticed that the number (on that sticker) of my router is different to the one I have been using for years - can't explain that, or if it is relevant?

Message 11 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144332 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
OK, that is to log in to your router. You need a PC and an ethernet cable. Connect PC to router with ethernet cable and open your web browser. In the address bar type in your router address, probably 192.168.2.1 Router will ask you to log in which you do with username Administrator and leave password blank. Navigate to the security tab in your router settings and enter a new password. For now choose something easy to remember, say ABC99991234 then choose save and reboot the router. Now on your pad scan for your wifi hotspot and when it asks for the password enter the same as you've just entered above. You may have to choose "forget" again to reset the pad.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just remembered, had this router since 2008 (first set up) and a few years ago it stopped recognising the old number and changed to a new number - I assumed it had been assigned a new number by o2? I don't think I am linked to a neighbours router as the old number never ever appears on any scans by this PC or the Pad.

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5, this will be difficult as the router is far from the PC but I will try it and get back when I have followed your instructions - probably tomorrow!
Again, many thanks for all your patience.
Message 14 of 24

MI5
  • 144332 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you turn your router off and scan on your pad you will know if it's your router or your neighbours wink

Don't worry, between us we'll get you there eventually slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed to connect PC to router with ethernet cable. This box is called (underneath) "o2 Wireless box 11" and I have always used it with a wifi dongle on the PC. Another sticker says "Go to http://wirelessbox.lan for administration". I did this and got a dialogue box which says "Username and password are being requested by http://wirelessbox.lan Thomson Gateway".

I input "Administrator" as my username, leaving the password blank, but it won't let me get past there. Back in 2008 I must have been prompted to input some other username or password, or both. I turned off the router last night and scanned for it on the Pad - it didn't come up on the scan with the number I have been using for years, so I am guessing this is in fact a reassigned number from o2?

Message 16 of 24

MI5
  • 144332 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There will be a hard reset but or pin hole on the router somewhere which will reset the router back to factory. Do this then log on again with Administrator as this will be the default username.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reset twice, rebooted twice, will not accept "Administrator" username without a password and let me proceed. Is there not some place in o2 where I can find out my own passwords?

Message 18 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can sign in with Administrator or SuperUser to the O2 router, the password is the serial number on the bottom and it's all case sensitive.

The password is CPxxxxxxxxxxxx ignore any numbers in brackets.

The wi-fi password is also on the base of the box so you don't need to log in to get it.

It's marked WEP xxxxxxxxxx on the Wireless Box II.

When searching for the wireless signal you will be looking for an SSID (station name) of:

O2wirelessxxxxxxx and again it's on the base of the box.

Wireless is normally turned on by default so as long as it hasn't been turned off you should be able to connect to it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Connected with ethernet cable at the moment (will deal with wifi another time if it becomes a problem). I have input Administrator with the serial number "CPXXXXXXXX (not including anything in brackets and case sensitive) - no go. Tried Superuser likewise - still no go. I can't get past the "Username/Password" dialogue box.

Message 20 of 24