cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey...

I've notice a few people saying they have received updates on their s6 right out of the box for the android os, i have just been checking sammobile regarding updates for the s6 flat sm-G920F and sammobile says the update for android is 100% rolled out for 5.1.1 on the s6, I'm just really curious and confused to how come i haven't received it and how do these updates work ?
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Different CSC's get updates at different times.
If yours is an O2 CSC (TEF) then it will only update when O2 approve it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
Different CSC's get updates at different times.
If yours is an O2 CSC (TEF) then it will only update when O2 approve it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
My is o2 branded, ordered online from o2, where would i find my csc? I typed in on the keyboard *#1234# but nothing says tef in it?
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my S6 on friday and eagerly did an update only for it to update to 5.0.2 - it appears O2 have rolled back the 5.1.1 update to 5.0.2 for some reason as the date on the 5.0.2 update is a later date than the 5.1.1 thanks for @MI5 for pointing this out to me when I queried exactly the same thing a day or so ago!!

So not to worry - I am assuming when the issue (whatever it is) is fixed the update will be rolled out again.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your kanal version say sat mar 28?

I haven't received a single update at all... but i received mine on friday too 😊 spent alot of money on this thing just wanna make sure everything is wprking fine on it
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions
For Gawd's sake please trust me. You are on the very latest O2 firmware.
There is nothing to update to so you won't get any updates, yet.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry....
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

What @MI5 says!

Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry....

Don't worry @Anonymous I am in Spain and have Lollipop sitting ominously on my Note 3 waiting for me to install.......Not gonna happen till I am back in the UK LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 just check sammobile and seen what you showed me before with the update, sorry man 😕 unlucky cleoriff atleast you have the spanish weather 😉
Message 10 of 12