cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Evening All,

A couple of hours ago the clock on my S4 just changed to midnight 4/3/14 and now i cant get it to change. The phone is currently set to detect the date and time from the network, it started whilst I was in Huddersfield and is still happening in Bradford so Im guessing its not something to do with the cell towers? Ive pulled the battery and left it for 10 minutes and it still says the wrong time (currently 1:50am)

Ive tried to change the time manually which seems to work however aps such as whatsapp still think its the incorrect time and when I recieve a SMS i get notification but cant view it because in the phones momory it doesnt exist as its in the future (im guessing)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? 

If it helps ive checked the firmware on Kies and its PDA:MK8/PHONE:MK8/CSC:MK1 (O2U) - The only thing thats changed recently is that today Kies updated on my laptop (not my phone - ive been running this same firmware for ages now)

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Late last night i worked out what it was it appears that the time zone had been changed to GMT+3 which screwed everything up

Im guessing connecting it to Kies may have caused it as I couldnt even remember where date and time settings could be changed! I had to google it hahaha

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning,

@MI5 is one of the men in the know here regarding android.

Possibly an app called ClockSync in GooglePlay may help.

I would suggest a hard reset but make a back up first to protect your saved data.

Help Link http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-hard-reset.html

Looking at the various other android forums it seems a few have had similar issues.

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My Ativ did the the same thing at the weekend.
I just took it off auto update and set the time manually then rebooted. It's been OK since......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Late last night i worked out what it was it appears that the time zone had been changed to GMT+3 which screwed everything up

Im guessing connecting it to Kies may have caused it as I couldnt even remember where date and time settings could be changed! I had to google it hahaha

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, that would be the problem....
Check what region you have set in Kies so it doesn't do it next time to connect.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5