cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't update or install any apps on my samsung galaxy ace...HELP!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem. My phone does not give me the option to save on my memory card so its say "not enough internal memory, delete unused apps" I would if I had any!!! I've contacted o2 about 5 times, but they have been no help, they just tell me to backup & restore my phone to factory settings which has been done three times. I am paying £27.00 per month for a phone i can't use properly. I have two games which freeze all the time & i have to keep uninstalling, the weather & a couple of other apps I can't even install facebook (not enough memory) I might aswell have a cheap basic phone, cos all i can do is txt & ring... i have had this phone for two years this september, when thankfully the contract is over & i certainly will not be renewing with o2 whom I have been with for over 10 years & never missed a payment. They are happy to take your money but just fob you off when your phone does'nt work properly....Rant over....HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
The option to save to SD is only available with the 4.3 update so it isn't a fault as such. Truth is that the phone is bottom end of the smartphone range and you need to upgrade to a more suitable phone I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I fully understand your frustration

Are you on the latest firmware.

Does your sd card show in your settings.

It may need re formatting or re mounting or cleaning or may be corrupted.

The phone has done well for 2 years and maybe is just coming to its end.

A member called may be able to assist in techniques in helping.

I'm not sure sure it's a reason to leave a network that I assume gives you strong signal etc

If the phone is indeed faulty then seek assistance via the phones manufacturer.
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've had the same problem with the phone from day one...its NEVER worked, thats the reason i will be leaving, I have contacted o2 by phone, i been in the shop numerous times but o2 just keep fobbing me off. £27 p/m for a scrapper...

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried everything, all you have mentioned, i've tried different memory cards (sd card shows in settings but it does'nt give me the option to save to it, the option is not highlighted.
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

It isn't O2's fault that you bought a phone that doesn't have a lot of internal memory. Have you cleared the cache? As it's running Gingerbread you should be able to save apps to the external card. If you can find enough memory, there is an app called App2SD that may help. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the phone off o2, one of the women from o2 customer services had exactly the same phone & she had loads of apps, but she advised i get it reset AGAIN for the 3rd time, I have cleared cache etc etc, but i will try the app you suggested. thanks for reply

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I've had the same problem with the phone from day one...its NEVER worked, thats the reason i will be leaving, I have contacted o2 by phone, i been in the shop numerous times but o2 just keep fobbing me off. £27 p/m for a scrapper...

Hi @Anonymous 

Can I ask why you have put up with a phone for 2 years that has had the same problem from day one.

I would have certainly returned the phone before the 14 faulty handset returns period, and insisted on a new fully working one.

Have you considerd o2's refresh tariff options ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/refresh/frequent-questions/fast-track

If your adamant you are leaving then I would suggest you obtain some payg sim cards for alternative networks and test them out for around a week to ensure they supply a good solid signal where you live, work and commute.

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thats exactly what my fella said, slight_smile but as it was my first android i did'nt realise there was a fault until it started trying to update apps already on the phone, youtube, maps, gmail etc... & because i've been fobbed off by o2 so many times, to be honest I gave up...but when saw the o2 community forum today, i was just curious to know if anyone else had, had the same problem.

The App2Sd app i've just installed (which I've had to uninstall due to low disc space) does'nt work either  😞 so it looks like i'll have to put up with this scrapper until septmeber..lol...Thanks for replys

Message 8 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
The Gas say Ace only has around 512MB storage and the phone is very basic in many ways. Your best option is to sell it now and buy a phone outright and use your current simcard. Personally I wouldn't struggle another 7 months with a phone not suitable for your needs but obviously I don't know your personal circumstances.
Message 9 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

I agree with Jonsie. You're talking about a phone that is way past its sell-by date. Updating apps that are already on the phone isn't a fault. All apps have updates. You'd be much better off with an inexpensive sim free phone with more memory and a more up to date version of Android. All you'll have to do is make sure you swap your sim to the correct size for your new phone and you can carry on as normal.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 15