cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change voicemail speed dial number (Nokia 5 stock Oreo firmware)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I bought this phone last week (from CPW) as SIM free because I wanted to ensure that I got the security patches as they came out as a lot of UK operators sit on patches for months while they test them.

Took delivery of the phone, charged it, booted and connected to my home wi-fi and it installed the Oreo update and then the March security patch, then I shut it down and put the SIM in.

Great phone but one little annoyance.

I've been on giffgaff but am porting back onto O2 PAYG tomorrow just because it's cheaper for my usage pattern.

On both SIMs I've had an issue where the voicemail speed dial sticks on 905 (which I know if the short code for Tesco Mobile), I've tried to change it to 901 through the settings but it indicates it cannot, tried a factory reset but it won't change.

I contacted HMD through their support app and just like the error message they referred me to my operator, I explained that as it's SIM free they may not be interested in assisting me but this didn't sway them.

Booting without a SIM gives no menu options under Voicemail so setting it this way is a non starter, anyone else seen this and fixed it?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's a known software bug in the firmware.
Customers have to dial 901 manually until Nokia roll out a fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's a known software bug in the firmware.
Customers have to dial 901 manually until Nokia roll out a fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Another customer with same issue here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Voicemail-number-is-wrong/m-p/1115310/highlight/true#M68394

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No probs slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5