Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to Mobile (O2) network

majestic100
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been using a Samsung GT-S5360 without problems for sometime but now have a Samsung S3 mini (GT-18200N).

Problem I'm having is that I cannot connect to O2 mobile network.  I receive the message " Error while searching for Networks".  I've searched 'net and tried a number of offered solutions without any luck.  Suspect that having moved SIM to new(er) phone it might be looking for "... SIM network  Unlock Pin..."  I don't know what this.  I've tried 0000 but this didn't work.

Can anyone offer a solution  ??

Edit:  Phone was used on VirginMedia Network so assumed it is locked to them but thought after contract exipry it would be unlocked. Expired ages ago!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
First things first, where did the phone come from?
Is the phone actually asking you to enter a sim pin?
The o2 default sim pin is 0000 unless it's ever been changed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try going to settings network and select auto
Message 3 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @majestic100 let us know how you get on and if you manage to connect!

Welcome to the forum!

Message 4 of 7

majestic100
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for response.

The phone was given to me by my friend whose upgraded toSamsung Galaxy J3.  Whilst we are both Virgin Media Broadband customers he has a mobile contract with them whilst I have a Pay-as-you-Go contract with O2.  As edited on original post, I've assumed the phone he gave me is locked to VirginMedia.  Thus probably looking for a Virginmedia pin code.  If someone can help with this it would be appreciated but suspect might have to go to their community for help.

Message 5 of 7

majestic100
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for response.  Tried the 'select auto'  option but got the message "Unable to connect. Try later"

Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, you'll need to contact VM for an unlock code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7