cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you buy OnePlus 3 on Pay as you go?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to buy OnePlus 3 outright but it seems my only options are through O2 or shipped from China

I'm currently on a £16 p/m SIM-free contract with O2 (1GB 4G, Unlimited texts, 1000 mins)

The nearest tarriff offered with the OnePlus 3 is £18 p/m (1GB 4G, Unlimited texts, Unlimited mins)

My question is - can I buy the OnePlus 3 directly through O2 without contract and then continue to use my current O2 contract?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Originally it was available on PAYG and then they realised everyone was buying it and using it on other networks (/it's not locked) so they stopped it and made it refresh only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You should be able to @Anonymous as the phone is available to buy outright as stated here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/OnePlus-3-Only-on-O2/m-p/1006186/highlight/true#M18030

However it's also available to buy directly from OnePlus. Check the price difference..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Originally it was available on PAYG and then they realised everyone was buying it and using it on other networks (/it's not locked) so they stopped it and made it refresh only.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Probably why it can't be seen on the website then? Pity that info wasn't updated...:smileywink:

Either way...best to go directly to One Plus and buy it outright from there...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
or buy on refresh and pay it off immediately.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Probably why it can't be seen on the website then? Pity that info wasn't updated...:smileywink:

Either way...best to go directly to One Plus and buy it outright from there...

That would always be my choice.

Message 6 of 6