cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call merging on S4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys I cant merge calls on my s4 I press the button but it says cannot conference call been on to o2 and apparently they don't know what I'm asking for any ideas?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know how this got marked as solved but in the end It is conference calling you need enabled which cs will do for free so it appears its the same as call merging as it now works

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i hAVE ASKED THEM ABOUT THIS AND THEY SAY YOU GET CHARGED FOR CONFERENCE CAllS IS THIS SO

Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe you do get charged for conference calls but you don't get charged if you merge the calls so if you ring someone then someone else and merge them it all comes out of inclusive allowance
Message 13 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147095 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
From the forum when asked previously:

With Group Conferencing, there's no monthly subscription, you just pay for your own call charges per minute.

If you're on an O2 mobile, calls are charged at 8p per minute, or within your call bundle, 24 hours a day
If you are not an O2 customer, calls are charged at the same rate as calling an O2 mobile
Each caller pays for their own call charge and it doesn't cost you anything extra to chair or set up the call
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-conference-Call-Mergeing/td-p/371016
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Conferencing and merging are 2 different things
Message 15 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147095 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions
Quite correct. There is a thread here discussing the differences http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Conference-calling/td-p/310148 however, it's not entirely clear what service bulldog1uk is after ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 16 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that's why I was trying to point out the difference but we may never know but you do need conference call access as a free bolt on for merging to work on a non iphone
Message 17 of 17