cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Display Gone Haywire

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed sometime after charging my phone and unplugging it, that it still had the 100% charged remove charger notification displayed.  I removed the battery and all seemed OK.  Later on as the battery life had decreased I put it back on charge but it wouldn't charge.  I used the USB charger and that too didn't work.  I then noticed a few minutes later that the battery was increasing but it didn't say it was charging.  It then got stuck at 99% so I removed the charger.  About 30 minutes later I removed the battery again and the phone wouldn't switch on unless the charger was in.  It then charged to 100% and it beeped to say fully charged but the 100% icon and remove charger message wouldn't go when I removed the charger.  I removed the battery again and had to press the on button twice before it would switch on.  The100% icon and removed battery message had disappeared and the battery life showed as 87%.  I put it back on charge and noticed it was increasing.  I unplugged it at 99% and when it had run down to 95% I switched it off and on again and the battery showed as 87%.  I thought it was just coincidental that both times it came back on at 87% but I then noticed that even though it was NOT on charge the battery level increased.  I switched it off for a few minutes and when back on the battery was 87% again.  I left it on and the battery had increased to and remained at 94%.  On switching it off again the battery displayd at 85% and increased.  I have switched it off and on again over the past few hours and each time I power the phone back on the battery is at a slightly lower %

What is wrong with the phone?   This is the first time it has happened and I had no indicators to show that anyone may be wrong with it.  It is still working perfectly and there are no other problems with it.  Looking on the internet I can't find anything that is similar to this so wonder if anyone else has experienced this.  I'm wondering, and hoping, that it's a problem with the battery

All help/ideas appreciated.  If it needs repairing does anyone have an idea of prices?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

How long you had the phone for?

Also, what make/model is it?

The battery might be faulty and might need replacing.

If it's a Samsung and you had it for less than 12 months, contact Samsung directly.

You might get your battery replaced for free.

Contact link: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Kelly10.

It would be helpful to know which phone you have, is it on the latest firmware and how long you have had it for ?

Are you using an original charger or 3rd party one. Have you tried using another to rule out the charger possibly at fault.

Can you check the charger port to ensure its clean and free of dust and lint.
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Common GS2 fault with battery calibration chip.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a Samsung Galaxy Ace which I've had for 18 months.  I am using the original charger that came with the phone.  As for cleaning the charge port I personally wouldn't do that in case I damaged it as it's something I've never done before

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All you need to use to clean the charge port is a dry toothbrush.
It sounds the most likely cause of your issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

No toothbrush will fit in the charge port, it's tiny

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try looking for Interdental brushes in Asda or Tesco wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or give it a good blow!!
Message 9 of 9