cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There 

Does anyone know when this will be dropping on O2 and specifically on a Samsung S6?

Cheers, 

Lee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So will my phone never recieve the update? Or it will just take longer? 

It's difficult to say, as we can only release software updates that Samsung sends us for testing. Personally (just my own thoughts, not O2's) I'd be surprised if Samsung didn't update the S6 devices to Nougat - but as it's an older device it may take them a while longer to fully test and optimise the update for it.

What I can say though is that if or when I get more info on Nougat for S6, i'll update everyone on the O2 Community.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You'll get it if the manufacturer releases it but only after O2 have tested it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 46

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-begins-rollout-of-android-7-0-nougat 

So i should see this sometime soon?? @Chris_K

That relates only to the Samsung Galaxy S7 - which we're hoping to return to Samsung very soon for them to begin sending out to our S7 customers. Unfortunately this doesn't currently apply to the S6, however. The S6 has different hardware to the S7 so this will require a separate update from Samsung, which we're not currently aware of their plans for.

In a nutshell, we're not familiar with what Samsung's plans are for bringing Nougat to the S6 and as such don't have any sort of ETA for when we expect you to see it. If or when we know more about Nougat for the S6, we'll let everyone know

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 14 of 46

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
First half of the year according to this http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/19/14322256/samsung-android-7-nougat-update-list-phones
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K

It says it at the bottom of the article? 

Android 7.0 Nougat will be expanded to additional countries on the following devices within the first half of this year: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and S6 edge Plus, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy Tab A with S Pen, Galaxy Tab S2 (LTE unlock), Galaxy A3, and Galaxy A8.

** The available functions, features and compatible applications for Samsung Pass may vary by country due to differing regulatory and legal environments.

Message 16 of 46

blighty59
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is the Sony update with o2 being checked, in this case Z5?

Message 17 of 46

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Apparently the Z5 has been released (although I haven't seen it yet) but you'll need to tag @Chris_K to get an answer from O2

Currently using:
Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on when this will be released for the S7 edge? 

Message 19 of 46

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Samsung have released it and it started rolling out to unbranded phones today.
O2 have approved it and we expect o2 handsets to get it in around 2 weeks time or sooner.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 46