cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi There 

Does anyone know when this will be dropping on O2 and specifically on a Samsung S6?

Cheers, 

Lee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No nougat on s6 on o2? How come it was released on Vodafone last week...

As we understand it, Nougat for the S6 hasn't been released to any UK carriers yet. If you've seen Voda customers with the update, it's likely these would have been open market devices (eg, SIM-Free, CPW, not direct from a carrier) that those folk just happen to be using a Voda SIM in.

Remember just being connected to 'network A' or 'network B' isn't what dictates what update channel you're on. Devices that come direct from 'network A' or 'network B' will all carry their own unique signature for that network and slightly different updates may come through at slightly different times (eg, 'network A' may need some small changes that 'network B' doesn't), whereas an 'open market' device will get their updates direct from Samsung - they can push out updates as and when they want.

We know our S6 customers want Nougat and we'll do what we can to get it to you as soon as we're able to, but we have no ETA for when we expect to receive this update. What we can tell you however is that today we've approved a new security update which we hope you'll see available soon.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 41 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Err...My wife has a normal Vodafone contract, nothing special AFAIK, and it installed last week. I know that because she's been complaining about the differences 8:)
Message 42 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Dial *#1234# on your wife's phone and let me know the CSC.
I'll have a look at what she has got.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 43 of 46

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
"We know our S6 customers want Nougat and we'll do what we can to get it to you as soon as we're able to, but we have no ETA for when we expect to receive this update. What we can tell you however is that today we've approved a new security update which we hope you'll see available soon."

Received this evening on s6 edge, patch level now 1st March.
Message 44 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its all down to the fact that the s8 is due to be released. The majority of s6 owners will be coming or have come to the end of the contract. So let's fleece em into buying the s8. They did it with the s4 last time the 6 came out. Its out there on every other carrier. O2 is slow with stuff like this mainly because they want upgrades. Im off to sky in 3 months.
Message 46 of 46