Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10, Popup notifications, S10, Whatsapp

Tania28445
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Installed new Android update from O2 on my S10 last night  - the blurb for the update said it was a "security update" so I wasn't expecting any settings to change! Unfortunately, it was more than just security update, it took phone from Android 9 to Android 10.  Now regretting updating, since Whatsapp "popup notifications are no longer available in your version of android" !!

I cannot currently find a workaround, but will keep looking. Am pretty tech savvy but not so much that I would risk downgrading (and this would probably void my warranty which I certainly don't want to do!).

Anyone else had this problem and have some suggestions as to a fix, other than wait and hope a further release fixes the problem?(I know pixel users have had it for some time). 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

slapathy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had exactly the same issue, Whatsapp said popup notification unavailable. This happened after Android 10 upgrade. Tried  LED Me Know and Notific neither of which worked. Installed Holey Light which works really well, you can assign diffferent colours to each app. It's as good if not better than the late lamented LED which disappeared about three Galaxies ago. Why, Samsung?

Message 11 of 11