cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel onetouch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought this recently fromO2 shop. Just wanted to transfer my SIM from existing Sony Ericsson into new phone. Phone should have cost £9.99. But salesman said he couldn't sell it to me without a pay-and-go new SIM (which I didn't want or need or ask for). The bill therefore came to £22.49 instead of £9.99. Was the salesman right, that he wasn't allowed to sell me the phone without a pay-and-go new SIM? Why would I have wanted that new SIM, as I have a perfectly good contract SIM which I have just transferred into the new phone.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Your best bet is to speak to customer service and explain what happened. They may offer you a goodwill gesture and refund the cost of the P&G sim, but that's only a guess. Can't hurt to ask.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The purchase of a sim card with a PAYG phone is at the discretion of the individual shop manager.
Some will allow you to carry over your sim if you are a current customer but some are more concerned with extracting the most money out of you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous Your best bet is to speak to customer service and explain what happened. They may offer you a goodwill gesture and refund the cost of the P&G sim, but that's only a guess. Can't hurt to ask.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

A sim which cost 12.50p? How extortionate Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They force you to top it up too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They force you to top it up too.

*Shakes head*....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm sure given the circumstances customer service will make a goodwill gesture. 

Message 7 of 7