cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G speed very slow

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed recently that the speed of my 4G has dropped drastically. I have plenty of data to use with my account but have noticed that when it comes to uploading/downloading videos, GIFs and pics they take some time where as they used to clear almost instantly. This isn't in any one particular location. This is everywhere I go. Have O2s 4G speeds dropped and if so, why?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They should be improving slowly in most places unless there is a congestion problem. Check local issues here.

http://status.o2.co.uk

Have you upgraded or changed tariff recently? 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Run a Speedtest to check your speeds. It might be due to your phones processor running slowly due to other factors rather than overall data speed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done speed tests. The most recent I just tried and I'm getting a ping of 55ms, download of 0.07mbps and upload of 0.07mbps. This was indoors. I'll do another when I'm out and about to see if there is much difference. But I'm pretty sure it's a similar scenario.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
My tariff changed a few months back but it's only in the past couple of weeks I've noticed a change in upload/download speed. I'm in the center of a main city and there is plenty of coverage with no network issues.
Message 5 of 7

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous

Certain parts of London does not receive good signals as well for the past few days South East. I hope that it will be sorted soon.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Most likely congestion on the network.
If speeds improve at times when less people are likely to be using it, then that's what it will be.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7