Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor network/internet connection on iPhone 8

peterB2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last week i have started to not get little or no network/internet/data coverage when i leave WIFI. i originally logged this with O2 who told me there is no signal problems in my area. As soon as i leave home and WIFI i get 3G signal with no bars. I used to get good 4G but dont get anything now. I also have poor connection when on phone calls and regularly cuts out due to my poor conection. 

My partner has exctly the same phone and has no problems. 

I have tried to discuss with O2help on Twitter however this is painfully slow and i have tried everything they have suggested. 
Turn mobile data off and on 

turn 4G off

a new sim card

a hard reset. 

I have now done the last suggestion of a full factory reset, and when i finally got up and running i get the very same issue. 

This means the issue is with the device. I have tried to call o2 numerous times but the mine field of automated messages sending me to the O2 help website is infuriating and lack of option to speak to an advisor has resulted in me trying this as a last resort. 

As there are no shops open at all is there anything i can do to resolve or do i have to just sit tight until Apple or 02 shops open again!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@peterB2 You can try the numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Unfortunately, you have to lie these days in order to speak to customer service. O2 doesn't consider your call important because you're not buying anything, so you have to use the Upgrade, Lost/Stolen, or Fraud option to get through. Otherwise you'll just be disconnected.

Also  below is alternative advice from an O2 Guru on how to get through.
Call 202 from your mobile.
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

I will also tag the O2 online advisors who may be able to assist. @O2Lisa@O2Georgina can you help?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

peterB2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you, ill give this a try.
Message 3 of 6

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino smiling

I'll message you privately @peterB2 and look further in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hi @Bambino  Thanks for the tag.

@peterB2  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143187 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@peterB2 

You can also chat with Apple and they will run diagnostics remotely from here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6