cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no network...

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all firstly i am a complete novice.... i recently bought of e bay a samsung galaxy note gt-7000 when it arrived i took sim out of my samsung ace and popped into note ... phone kept saying not registerd to net work ...i live in penkridge but work in birmingham some 25 miles away i took the phone to o2 shop in brum and asked there advice for tem mins they tried to get me to part exchange my phone ??? then they switched phone on and hey presto it worked fine . i was away for most of weekend  returned to penkridge and once again the phone is saying not regieterd on network ... ive gone into my network list ie o2 orange t mobile etc but o2 is not comeing up ???? ive tried sending text but it says networ currently unavailable ive checked 02 network coverage for my area and it says good .. so why is my phone not picking network up it works fine in brum but not penkridge i put sim back into my old ace and it works fine so there is no problem with sim card ive had a look at my o2 account and it still has samsung ace as my device with the corosponding imi number could this cause me a problem on my new note as the imi will be diffrent to that on my o2 account or have i just bought a dud phone ??? help please

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It does sound like it's barred unfortunately. If you Google for the checkmend website you can check the imei number for confirmation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It won't harm to update your device in myo2.

Have you tried updating the firmware , creating a back up and hard resetting although I'm told this does not affect the internal modem but it's worth a shot.

You could approach samsung uk support to have the phone looked at too.

We hear of horror stories with purchases on e bay. It may be right to raise a dispute and get your money back and buy one from perhaps CEX
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If it is working on O2 in Birmingham it would suggest phone is OK, but it does seem strange that it wont work elsewhere that your sim does.
Were you able to make calls etc in Birmingham?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i could do everything in brum text call and use internet ive laso tried just useing gsm only mode but that doesnt work either im not tech minded

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

funny thing is ive got three bars on my signal strenght i go to my networks page and search for available network and o2 is there i click conect but it then says unavailable please try later

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if It's been forced unlocked off O2 which is causing issues.
Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It does sound like it's barred unfortunately. If you Google for the checkmend website you can check the imei number for confirmation.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope for the op's sake I'm wrong.

E bay and PayPal disputes are not good to experience sometimes. 😞
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

phone is not locked or barred

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm assuming you've used a check site to gain that info.

In that case if it was me in your shoes I'd be getting a refund. 😞
Message 10 of 13