cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Authentication problem when trying to connect

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having authentication problems when my wifi is turned on. It says 'authenticating, then Authentication problem'

What do I need to do? How do I uninstall my internet?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Long press on the wifi network you are trying to connect to then when the pop up appears, select forget network. Then when you select it again it will ask you to enter the network password again.

Sometimes switching off the wifi router and switching on again will clear any authentication  issues.

Do the same with the phone...off and on again.

Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 144874 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Usually caused by an incorrect password. Remember that passwords are case sensitive too so make sure you use capital letters where required.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous are you still having authentication problems to connect?
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I am still having authentication problems with mySony Xperia Z2.  Thanks for all your advice.!

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144874 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
What have you tried so far?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

ThGreat stuff! Thanks very much indeed! I am now online again, authenticationproblemsresolved! Even the 02 Gurus I have been in contact with since Friday, have been unable to help me.  So, well done You!

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I am new to replying to the 02 Communitybut youhave just solved my problem when 02 Gurus have failed to resolve over the past four days!!! Thanks!

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 144874 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Great news - what exactly was the problem?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 10 of 12