cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 pre-orders

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I have pre-ordered the s8 plus as an upgrade and as far as I know I should be getting it 8 days early, so around the 20th I think. However when I was chatting to o2 customer service on the phone he said that they will start shipping the phones tomorrow! Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? Or does anyone else have any details?
Many thanks
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@xxscrappyxx wrote:

Got mine in my mitts

Bouncy

Awesome @xxscrappyxx! Have you had time to give it a go yet? 

Not yet sadly slight_frown

Message 81 of 90

Kuribo
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Got mine this morning at 11:30 ish, was watching the delivery guy on the DPD app, he got to the one before me and as I saw that he pulled up. Loving it so far, back is fingerprint magnet but luckily I bought a clear case from eBay couple weeks back ready for when it arrived, coming from an S6 edge the size isn't that different but the screen is amazing! Loving the iris scanner as well, it's super speedy as is fingerprint reader.
Message 82 of 90

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@xxscrappyxx wrote:

Not yet sadly slight_frown

Keep us updated @xxscrappyxx

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 83 of 90

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Phone is lovely.  All fully set up now and working like a dream.

Planning to pop in to the O2 shop at lunch time to buy a case and take advantage of the half price wireless charger offer.  Also taking out insurance after the what happened with my S7! Bang

All in all - still a happy bunny Mexican Wave

Message 84 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12111 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Might be worth checking if you get insurance through a bank account @xxscrappyxx - you get that plus other things for the same price that way!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 85 of 90

xxscrappyxx
Level 4: Observant
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I bank with Halifax and they charge £15 a month for an account that gives you mobile phone insurance.  I downgraded my account a while back so they pay me £5 a month instead! LOL  Oh and I do not own a car so the packaged car insurance doesnt apply nor does the travel insurance as I am diabetic!

The fact that O2 will get a replacement phone out to me pronto - is what is the clincher for me.. hence I am happy to pay the extra.

Edit:  Reward is now £3.. lol  Forgot that.  Still not worth the switch for me.

Message 86 of 90

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@xxscrappyxx Glad you're pleased with it! I'm hearing nothing but good reports so far. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 87 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12111 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions
Fair enough at least you checked it out - my wife and I are both covered for phone and travel insurance, breakdown and some other bits and pieces. For £10 a month!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 88 of 90

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I can never understand how O2 can be so good on one hand and yet fail so spectacularly on the other.

According to the website if you want to take out insurance you either call them up or do it in store.

Seeing as I was in the store today picking up a case and wireless charger, I also asked about taking out phone insurance.  "Dude" told me I had to call CS, so I pointed out to him that on the website it said I could do this over the phone or instore so why do I need to use a phone to call CS when I am IN STORE?? Apparently this is so the person in store can check the phone when I speak to CS.

Anyway, first attempt I could barely hear the person on the end of the phone so I asked the "Dude" in the store if the handset had a volume button.  What does he do?  Disconnect the call and said it was better for me to try again. 

On the 2nd attempt after giving out the exact same information to the 3 different people who were about to pass me to a 4th person, I hung up.  I handed the phone back to the "Dude" and told him "I had already been passed through to 3 people and about to be passed to a 4th so I hung up.  There are plenty of other places out there offering insurance - it should not be this hard".  His suggestion was for me to call from my mobile.  Errrr... nope.  Ain't happening.  

Message 89 of 90

xxscrappyxx
  • 69 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Insured with Love it Cover it. £25 excess, £8.50 a month. Replacement phone within 48 hrs. O2 insurance can go swing.
Message 90 of 90