Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change voicemail number on Galaxy S7 edge

walcot
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to change the number my Galaxy S7 edge diverts to on no answer after 30 seconds. If I type in **61*phonenumber*11*30#Send I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". I get the same error message if I try to check the status usung *#61#Send.

I've tried rebooting the phone but that doesn't help. I've tried using other MMI codes and I get the same message.

Anybody any ideas?

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @walcot

The technical team have been trying to find a general motive or cause for the issue, but it looks like the problem is complex, so please, if you are having issues with setting up or amending call diverts you need to call customer services so they can complete fault diagnostics and raise a case for it to be investigated, if needed. This isn’t something we can really do via the Community I’m afraid.

Talk to a guru and they should be able to help you! 

And thanks, thanks a lot @jonsie@MI5 and @madasaf1sh for all the help!!!! heartheart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@walcot wrote:

I want to change the number my Galaxy S7 edge diverts to on no answer after 30 seconds. If I type in **61*phonenumber*11*30#Send I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". I get the same error message if I try to check the status usung *#61#Send.

I've tried rebooting the phone but that doesn't help. I've tried using other MMI codes and I get the same message.

Anybody any ideas?

The phone number is the voicemail number which is 901 

Message 2 of 25

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

walcot
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but I want to change it to another number (a UK landline no.) by putting my landline number instead of 901. The problem is that I keep getting the invalid MMI code message (even if I use **61*901*11*30#)

Message 4 of 25

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Have you got a network connection currently, ie. connected to o2 network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 25

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

walcot
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I've got a strong 4G signal

Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Possibly all MMI codes have been disabled then for security purposes - the stagefright vulnerability fix turned off some of them previously.
Try setting from the call forwarding settings in the phone's setting menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 25

walcot
  • 14 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, I am using +44 xxxx xxxxxx without the 0, however the problem isn't the number I'm trying to divert to - the problem is that the MMI codes are invalid.

If I try anything with MMI codes such as * # 61 # SEND or * # 21 # SEND to check the status I always get the same message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". It's not a connection issue as I have a good signal & everything else on my phone works OK so it must be a problem with the MMI codes

Message 9 of 25

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Stab in the dark.... are you on monthly contract as payandgo isn't supported? 

Message 10 of 25