Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 / iPad / iPad mini / Watch Series 7 - Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone 13

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products - iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max - will be coming soon to O2. All will be available to pre-order from 1pm on 17 September and will deliver from 24 September, and will be available in-store from 8am 24 September. Further details on prices and tariffs will be available only when pre-orders begin.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iphone-13-blue-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-mini-pink-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-pro-white-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-pro-max-sierra-sku-header-141021_0.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max

iPad (9th Gen) and iPad mini (6th Gen)

Also announced by Apple during their 14 September event was the 9th Generation iPad and new 6th Generation iPad mini, both of which are available to order now and will deliver from 24 September, and will be available in-store from 8am 24 September.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad mini (6th Gen)
iPad (9th Gen)
ipad-mini-space-grey-sku-header-141021.png ipad-9th-gen-space-grey-sku-header-141021.png
Links for Business customers
iPad mini (6th Gen)
iPad (9th Gen)

Watch Series 7

And lastly, Apple also announced the Apple Watch Series 7. This will be coming to O2, but we have no further details to share on the range, or have any dates, pricing or tariffs to share at present. Please keep an eye on our social media feeds, website and here on the O2 Community for future update as and when the details become available.

Questions?

We know iPhone announcements and new launches are very exciting and we know you may have loads of questions, so before you call, tweet or facebook us, please check our extensive Q&A section below in case your question already has an answer.

Did you know that we have a dedicated Sales Team you can reach via the O2 Twitter and O2 Facebook social media profiles? If you're due an upgrade or simply want to check your options, then feel free to get in touch and we'll see what's what.

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I went to live chat I got told my order will be dispatched in 2-3 days, hopefully this is the case and it is not long now

Message 31 of 60

ghostwalker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’m all sorted. Bit of a strange day, but let me explain.

It seemed to randomly occur to me that I didn’t really need or want the Max, as I already have the MBP and iPad Pro to explore/work on, and I don’t sit around outside watching videos or anything. Plus, having had the “Max” ever since the XS Max came out, I found that there’s nowhere really that convenient to put it on a daily basis. It’s actually too big for trouser pockets or pockets that you don’t want to seal because you want to reach in and out. As a result of this, I mostly found myself holding it in my hands. Plus most cars don’t have a place for phones that big as they just don’t fit. The new one is thicker as well. As for screen size, 6.1 inches is still a big screen (remember the XS Max only had 6.5 and that seemed big), and the form factor is just more convenient.

So the upshot of all that is that I now have a 512GB Pro arriving tomorrow, and this time I feel like I’ve made the right choice. I still have a 180GB buffer on the storage, plus a 2TB cloud plan. All of that is more than enough for any amount of photos/videos/songs/apps you can add in a year. For those who will now see delays, I think it might be a good to have a think about how your smartphone fits in to the way you want to live. I believe I was just on autopilot when I ordered the bigger one in each of the past three years and, on reflection, I was actually happier when I had the iPhone X. I think we sometimes automatically think “bigger is better”, but it’s often more satisfying to think about things a bit more. 

Anyway, I hope this provides some food for thought for some users. I’ll let you know how it feels and first impressions etc once I’ve got it set up 😁

Message 32 of 60

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That certainly is an interesting read, for me ever since I moved from the 6 to the 6s plus I found the bigger screen more beneficial when watching videos, reading emails and generally using the apps.

I agree that it is a bit more cumbersome but I think the pros outweigh the cons for me. My kids prefer a smaller screen as it fits their needs better.

I look forward to your review, hopefully it is a good as I hope it to be.

Message 33 of 60

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just received a text from O2

"Sorry it's taking longer than we hoped to send your order. We're still expecting more stock soon. We'll text you again as soon as we have a delivery date."

Message 34 of 60

kamalaggi
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just been on live chat and they are telling me another 2 weeks.

Message 35 of 60

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That is not good - so you were told 1st yesterday and today it is now a further 2 weeks, that is not too bad, my live chat has gone from 2-3 days to now a 4 week delay!! They have given me the option of cancelling to see if I can find it elsewhere!!!

So much for the reassurances that a few orders have been delayed but will be fulfilled quickly - no one can answer me why a pre order is taking this long, what is the point if they cant honour any delivery dates

Message 36 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_K  would you like to give an update to these customers who are being told different things by various live chats or customer services?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 60

Crazydragon1976
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh this gets better - after getting transferred to a manager he now tells me that Apple have not delivered any of the 13 Pro Max 1TB so no one has got them. I find this difficult to believe going on what @Chris_K has stated. I have been told I am in the queue but it will be at least 4 weeks until I get it, but they have no idea when this will be. I got told to wait until I get an email with my order status change but again no idea when that will be

Message 38 of 60

kamalaggi
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I just cancelled my order. My local apple store had the 13 pro 1tb gold in stock so i bought that.

Message 39 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@kamalaggi wrote:

I just cancelled my order. My local apple store had the 13 pro 1tb gold in stock so i bought that.

Out of interest @kamalaggi, did the Apple store offer you credit, or did you buy it outright?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 60