Did you mean: 

iPhone 13 / iPad / iPad mini / Watch Series 7 - Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone 13

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest products - iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max - will be coming soon to O2. All will be available to pre-order from 1pm on 17 September and will deliver from 24 September, and will be available in-store from 8am 24 September. Further details on prices and tariffs will be available only when pre-orders begin.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max
iphone-13-blue-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-mini-pink-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-pro-white-sku-header-141021.png iphone-13-pro-max-sierra-sku-header-141021_0.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone 13
iPhone 13 mini
iPhone 13 Pro
iPhone 13 Pro Max

iPad (9th Gen) and iPad mini (6th Gen)

Also announced by Apple during their 14 September event was the 9th Generation iPad and new 6th Generation iPad mini, both of which are available to order now and will deliver from 24 September, and will be available in-store from 8am 24 September.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad mini (6th Gen)
iPad (9th Gen)
ipad-mini-space-grey-sku-header-141021.png ipad-9th-gen-space-grey-sku-header-141021.png
Links for Business customers
iPad mini (6th Gen)
iPad (9th Gen)

Watch Series 7

And lastly, Apple also announced the Apple Watch Series 7. This will be coming to O2, but we have no further details to share on the range, or have any dates, pricing or tariffs to share at present. Please keep an eye on our social media feeds, website and here on the O2 Community for future update as and when the details become available.

Questions?

We know iPhone announcements and new launches are very exciting and we know you may have loads of questions, so before you call, tweet or facebook us, please check our extensive Q&A section below in case your question already has an answer.

Did you know that we have a dedicated Sales Team you can reach via the O2 Twitter and O2 Facebook social media profiles? If you're due an upgrade or simply want to check your options, then feel free to get in touch and we'll see what's what.

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@NateT wrote:

I'm a bit confused by the above FAQ regarding delivery estimates. When I look at my order tracking for my iPhone 13 Pro Max I do not see any mention of an estimated delivery date - all I can see is that my status is processed and that I am "waiting for launch day". Also, there is no other delivery estimate when submitting my upgrade other than 'available from 24th September' which is pretty vague 🤔

Hey there. When you visit any of the iPhone 13 product pages on O2.co.uk, you'll see the current date estimates there. There are still some variants we have good stock levels of and will still be delivered from Friday for new orders, such as the blue iPhone 13 in any capacity - those show "Order now and get your phone from 24 September" so we expect your order to arrive in launch day.

Other variants, like the Pro Max models for example, show things like "Delivery will take up to 1 week" for the Sierra Blue 128GB one.

If you pre-ordered when it was showing "Order now and get your phone from 24 September" then we do expect you to have your device delivered on launch day. There are some reasons for the 'from', such as unforeseen delays with the courier on the day, issues within the delivery network (eg, transportation from our warehouse to their local depot etc) etc, but those are rare and don't happen often at all. As far as updates go, once your order has gone though the only/next update you'll get is once the order has been dispatched, so for delivery on Friday I'd expect you'll have something on the Thursday evening or even on the Friday morning itself.

Message 11 of 60

cmh432
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Despite the 'get it on 24th September' statement when I pre-ordered, I've just had a text saying that 'it's taking longer than we had hoped to send your order'. Is there any chance anyone (Customer Care over phone for example) can update on the likely scale? Trying to plan days in the office, but a new order today will be 'more than 4 weeks', so can't determine how to interpret the scale of likely delay. I ordered Pro Max Graphite 1TB, so just hoping someone can say that inbound stocks should cover day one pre-orders in the first week, or similar..

Message 12 of 60

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here - I pre ordered my iPhone 13 Pro Max 1tb in Graphite at 13:45 on 17th and was given the choice of either collect in store on guaranteed delivery on 254h. I received many texts saying out of stock and I am now being told they have no stock anywhere and have no idea when they will be able to fulfill my order.

Customer services said to me today the "maybe you should have arranged to collect in store if it was that important to you" - not the sort of response I would have expected.

They are blaming Apple for the lack of stock and keep telling me that they are not at fault for this

What is the point of pre ordering to get the phone on launch day if they have no control or visibility over orders?

Message 13 of 60

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K That is not what I am experiencing not what I have been told by 2 customer services team members, both have told me that even though I pre ordered my device on 17th they are telling people that shipping starts on 24th and there was no way this would happen - even though I questioned it 3 times with the advisor who sold me the phone and each time was assured it would be with me on 24th. 

I have now been told that it will take a further 2 weeks minimum to get the device but could be as long as November.

Message 14 of 60

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Has anyone actually received their iPhone 13? 

I pre-ordered the Pro Max 1tb Sierra Blue at 11pm on 17th September and was given a click and collect date of 1st October from my local O2 store.

Wondering if I will actually get it on the 1st October.

Message 15 of 60

rob2980
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I preordered the pro max 1tb on the 17th at 13:04 and was never given a date but it had a upto 2 weeks wait on it at the time. I’m not expecting it until probably the 1st October. However it sounds like there is a lot more issues behind the scenes. Would appreciate a reply for piece of mind. 

Message 16 of 60

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Crazydragon1976 wrote:

Same here - I pre ordered my iPhone 13 Pro Max 1tb in Graphite at 13:45 on 17th and was given the choice of either collect in store on guaranteed delivery on 254h. I received many texts saying out of stock and I am now being told they have no stock anywhere and have no idea when they will be able to fulfill my order.

Customer services said to me today the "maybe you should have arranged to collect in store if it was that important to you" - not the sort of response I would have expected.

They are blaming Apple for the lack of stock and keep telling me that they are not at fault for this

What is the point of pre ordering to get the phone on launch day if they have no control or visibility over orders?

Sorry for any confusion caused, but I do want to highlight we didn't guarantee launch day deliveries. During pre-order the message displayed on our website was 'Order now and get your phone from 24 September', before moving to 1 week, 2 week, 3 week etc for any variants that started to sell out. During pre-order, we receive stock delivery forecasts from Apple and that's what we base our delivery messaging on.

If when you ordered it displayed 'Order now and get your phone from 24 September' then that was based on such forecasts and for the most part - outside of this small delay impacting a small number of orders and individual/one off issues - we've been able to stick to that thankfully. Unfortunately though a small number of orders have seen a short delay which neither we nor Apple could have predicted, and if your order is part of that small group then we are expecting them to arrive no later than 1st October. If you DM me your order number though I can double check that for you.

@kamalaggi wrote:

Has anyone actually received their iPhone 13? 

I pre-ordered the Pro Max 1tb Sierra Blue at 11pm on 17th September and was given a click and collect date of 1st October from my local O2 store.

Wondering if I will actually get it on the 1st October.

Indeed they have. With yours being a store order, they'll notify you directly with more details on a collection date once the stock arrives in their store, but in general the dates quoted are what we expect to deliver within. There are unfortunately always going to be some one-off exceptions to that, but we're talking in the well under <1% range here. In the main, the date quoted is when we'll deliver by, if not sooner.

@cmh432 wrote:

Despite the 'get it on 24th September' statement when I pre-ordered, I've just had a text saying that 'it's taking longer than we had hoped to send your order'. Is there any chance anyone (Customer Care over phone for example) can update on the likely scale? Trying to plan days in the office, but a new order today will be 'more than 4 weeks', so can't determine how to interpret the scale of likely delay. I ordered Pro Max Graphite 1TB, so just hoping someone can say that inbound stocks should cover day one pre-orders in the first week, or similar..

We have unfortunately had an unforeseen delivery issue impacting a very small number of orders and it sounds like yours was one of them. We've communicated to those few customers about the delay but if you could you DM me your order number, I can double check it? If your order is one of those mentioned above then we're expecting to deliver them no later than 1st October which is a worst case scenario, otherwise it may even be sooner.

@rob2980 wrote:

I preordered the pro max 1tb on the 17th at 13:04 and was never given a date but it had a upto 2 weeks wait on it at the time. I’m not expecting it until probably the 1st October. However it sounds like there is a lot more issues behind the scenes. Would appreciate a reply for piece of mind. 

Once variants move into back order (up to 2 weeks, 3 weeks, etc) we don't quote specific dates because when the stock isn't physically in our warehouse, it's difficult to be that accurate. With yourself being quoted an up to 2 week wait however, then that is when we're expecting you to receive it by.

I assure you there are no bigger issues behind the scenes - most customers who pre-ordered an iPhone 13 who were quoted delivery from 24th will be receiving their orders today if they haven't already. The only exceptions will be to a very small number of orders we expected to fulfil today that have been delayed by a few days, and of course the usual individual and one-off situations where a customers address doesn't match, the delivery driver can't find the address, nobody home etc

Message 17 of 60

rob2980
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying Chris, much appreciated. Like I say I knew I’d be waiting for upto 2 weeks when I preordered it so I’m not complaining about that! Appreciate you replying and putting my mind at ease! 

Message 18 of 60

Crazydragon1976
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K Many thanks for your reply, unfortunately this is not true in my case - when I pre ordered on the phone the person did indeed guarantee me delivery on 24th - I asked her 3 times to confirm it. She told me that I could either collect it from the store on 24th or it will be delivered on 24th whichever is easier for me. As I work from home it was easier for me to have it delivered and that is what was promised.

I now have had 2 texts from 02 - the first one stating "the apple phone you ordered is taking a little longer to get to you because new stock hasn't arrived, sorry about this your device should be with you by 01/10/2021"and the second one stating "sorry it is taking longer than we hoped to send your order we are expecting more stock soon and well contact you when we have a delivery date"

Both of these indicate that despite taking a pre order you do not have the stock to fulfill my order so it look's like that I am a part of that small group - I will DM you my order number. 

Message 19 of 60

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12367 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

From what @Chris_K has said, it sounds like the sales agent you were dealing with was going off script - or at least not reading it in full...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 60