Did you mean: 

Welcome to our new look community!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Unless you're very new to the community you've likely noticed a few changes to how the forum looks this morning. As we announced yesterday the O2 community has been upgraded! In addition to the new look there are several new features, some requested and a few new ones for good measure. 😄

New home page 

Starting at the top we have a new integrated header for the community. The new header contains some useful links. On the left side you have a link to the main O2 site. 

MartinO2_1-1628153484207.png

You then have links to the O2 shop page > O2 help and support page > My O2 and your shop basket.

MartinO2_2-1628153484206.png

On the right of these links you will see your community notifications > private messages and your profile picture.

MartinO2_3-1628153484210.png

Clicking on your profile picture will bring up a drop down menu which contains the following... 

MartinO2_4-1628153485084.png

Directly below the header you will find the new community navigation! The community categories are listed here and if you hover over you will see a drop down of the different boards. 

MartinO2_5-1628153485059.png

MartinO2_6-1628153484211.png

The next level down is the community search bar and your latests stats and notifications! 

MartinO2_7-1628153484435.png

Below this is our new featured content widget. This is similar to Latest News section on the old home page but is in a much more prominent place than before. 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 09.56.08.png

Next is the new trending topics section which is a live feed of the most popular conversations happening in real time! 

MartinO2_8-1628153484465.png

Below to trending topics you will see the familiar Community Activity where you can see the latest topics and filter them by most recent > most viewed > most commented and most liked. 

MartinO2_9-1628153485460.png

Down at the bottom of the home page you will see a feed that highlights the most recent guides and reviews. If you hit the View All button it will take you to the guides and reviews category. 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 10.04.39.png

Finally the familiar community stats can be found at the very bottom of the page. 

MartinO2_11-1628153484301.png

New private messaging interface

We also have a brand new private message system which will display your message conversations in a threaded view so no more going back and forth between your inbox and outbox. Please note: Only messages exchanged after the upgrade goes live will be in the threaded view. 

MartinO2_12-1628153484560.png

Solution highlight 

The next new feature to talk about is floated solutions. When a solution is picked on a thread it will be highlighted at the top of the discussion for easy viewing. The solution will still be in it's proper position down the chain of messages. 

MartinO2_13-1628153484565.png

The new version has an updated text editor box for topics, replies and private messages. 

MartinO2_14-1628153484448.png

Please have a good look around the new community and let us know any feedback, questions or issues in the comments below! 

Issue log and updates: 

Text font and formatting - Fixed. To correct this please clear the cache on your bowser 

Signature cut off - Fixed. The hight of the signature box has been increased. 

Continuity problem on long topics - Fixed. This was an admin setting that has now been turned off 

Guide and review boards formatting issues - Fixed. We now have a tiled view for guides and reviews. 

Topics on the board level not sorting by most recent post -Fixed. The topics will now sort at the board level by most recent reply. 

Image gallery missing from profile page - Fixed. You can now find your image gallery on your profile page and the public image gallery of other members on their profile page. 

Increase emoji size - Fixed. The size of the emoji's in posts and messaging has now been increased. 

Add friends from member profile -Fixed. Add and remove friend has been added to profile pages. 

Missing options in text editor on mobile view (video link, quote and emoji’s) FixedQuotes and emoji's have been added to the mobile view text editor. Adding videos is not currently supported however this will be added in a future platform upgrade. 

Adding unanswered topics to homepage dropdown - FixedA widget for unread posts has been added to the home page. 

Guide links not working - FixedGuide links now take you directly to the guide page. 

Adding post count and views to replies Fixed. Post count and views have now been added.

Errors in footer formatting Fixed. We have now corrected all of the errors.

Topic first post is displayed on all pages of replies - Fixed. Now the OP is only visible on the first page of the thread.

Spell checker in text editor  - In progress. We have 2 different options for the spell checker. Inline, realtime or with the old style click to check for misspelled words. We'll decide this at a later date. 

Spell checker change from US English to UK English - Investigating

Your own posts showing in the unread message page - Investigating 

Clicking an unread message takes you to different unread message then highlighted - Investigating

Using male/female emoji’s adds extra emoji’s - Investigating

Quoting options - Closed. Unfortunately there is only one way of quoting on the current platform design.

Guides and Reviews slow loading times - Closed. There was no issue found in the loading times of guides and reviews.

“View all” for posts and replies option on member profile - Closed. Unfortunately this option cannot be added to the member profile. 

Cant see if sent messages have been read - Closed. Unfortunately this feature cannot be added to the new messaging system. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 611
610 REPLIES 610

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38804 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

In PMs, if you click on the wrong "action" icon and find your screen filled with "upload image dialog" when you wanted to hit the emoji face....

DON'T hit ESC to go back - your PM disappears too, as I found out a few minutes ago.

This was on laptop btw.

Also on Mobile, if you hit the lower "Reply" button to "Post" your answer, there's a little floaty up-pointing arrow that sometimes superimposes over the "Post" button (and this rapidly sails you up to the top of the thread!) that gets in the way sometimes - don't panic, scroll back down, your reply/post is still there for you to "Post" (by tapping on the lower "Reply" button obvs! Martin is looking to change the text in that lower button from "Reply" to "Post" or "Submit" or somesuch)...

Didn't know I would miss the SpellCheck function quite as much either 😢

Message 181 of 611

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Spellcheck is fine for me @pgn? The wrongly spelt word has a red wavy line under it..if you right click mouse it gives you the correct spelling. Click on that and gurbage is replaced with garbage rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 182 of 611

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Spellcheck is fine for me @pgn? The wrongly spelt word has a red wavy line under it..if you right click mouse it gives you the correct spelling. Click on that and gurbage is replaced with garbage rofl

I didn't know that, that's handy 👍

But there used to be a spellcheck in the reply box options that gave multiple spelling suggestions, and that has now disappeared from this new version.

Message 183 of 611

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a handy way to get to the last post of a topic @Anonymous thanks for posting that. We are also working to get clicking on an unread post to take you directly to that post. I'll update you all once I have news on this one. 

@Anonymous more than happy to give you profile settings the once over. I've checked a few already and they seem fine but I will go over all the regular members profiles just to make sure. 😉

@Cleoriff@Mi-Amigo the problem with topics not ordering by the latest reply has been reported and we're waiting on a fix. I will update you as soon as I have news but it's meant to order topics on boards by the topic with the latest reply at the top. Same thing with the first post being on every page of replies. This is being worked on currently. 🙂

@pgn with the new platform version we have some options to improve the community search. More to come on this later. 😉

For those of you who have asked about the spell checker I've looked into it and we can have one of two options. The first is how it's currently setup where misspelled words are highlighted with a red underline and right clicking gives you the correct spelling.

Option two is the old style spell checker which works just like the old version. We can't have both on at the same time so we will have to decide which one we prefer. Happy to have a separate discussion about that one but let's focus on sorting out the more pressing issues first as we can adjust the spell checker anytime.  

Finally I wanted to say thanks again for all your feedback on the new design. Obviously we still have a few things to get sorted out but your live testing and reporting has been invaluable in identifying and reporting problems. Everything has now been raised and we will update you on each issue as and when we can. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 184 of 611

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25666 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

Thank you for the feedback in reply to my queries.

As to the spellchecker, thank you for letting us know that we have a choice of two options and [in my purely personal opinion] it is wonderful to hear we can actually have something from the old style forum.

I think that a separate discussion of this - in which members can give their opinions and choice of the two options would be a great idea, and from that you can judge which is most suitable and acceptable to the majority of users - not least the regulars and long-term members of the Community.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 185 of 611

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I'm perfectly happy with the new spellchecker. Primarily because it's always on. With the old spellcheck you had to remember to turn it on. Now if you spell a word wrong, the red line shows up as you type and you do have a selection of words to choose from.

As for sorting topics into the order they were LAST posted on is much better (and more relevant) than scrolling through pages to find WORD ASSOCIATION which is posted on daily, yet originally was started in 2012. If we are not careful we will lose popular threads simply because people can't be assed to search for them.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 186 of 611

jonsie
  • 94353 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

The new spellchecker is far superior to the old one

At least you can see immediately the incorrect word rather than remembering to check the old way

Message 187 of 611

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Definitely one to park for another day. I'm liking the new version! As mentioned above it highlights any errors in realtime but happy to discuss further with the regulars. Let's get the big things out of the way and we can pick this up again. As I said it's a simple option to change so we can do it any time. 🙂  

signature

Message 188 of 611

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo  has mentioned the topics (in Off topic) appear to be fixed ie the last topic posted on, is now in correct order. This is good news. However, the problem with the OP appearing at the top of every long post is still there. 

Edit. I have closed down and logged back on and it appears the OP appearing at the top of each page has been fixed HOORAY!! trophy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 189 of 611

Cleoriff
  • 126378 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Oh I just want @Martin-O2  to see this picture posted from my gallery !! Fixed as well.

Lewis get in there.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 190 of 611