Did you mean: 

Welcome to our new look community!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Unless you're very new to the community you've likely noticed a few changes to how the forum looks this morning. As we announced yesterday the O2 community has been upgraded! In addition to the new look there are several new features, some requested and a few new ones for good measure. 😄

New home page 

Starting at the top we have a new integrated header for the community. The new header contains some useful links. On the left side you have a link to the main O2 site. 

MartinO2_1-1628153484207.png

You then have links to the O2 shop page > O2 help and support page > My O2 and your shop basket.

MartinO2_2-1628153484206.png

On the right of these links you will see your community notifications > private messages and your profile picture.

MartinO2_3-1628153484210.png

Clicking on your profile picture will bring up a drop down menu which contains the following... 

MartinO2_4-1628153485084.png

Directly below the header you will find the new community navigation! The community categories are listed here and if you hover over you will see a drop down of the different boards. 

MartinO2_5-1628153485059.png

MartinO2_6-1628153484211.png

The next level down is the community search bar and your latests stats and notifications! 

MartinO2_7-1628153484435.png

Below this is our new featured content widget. This is similar to Latest News section on the old home page but is in a much more prominent place than before. 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 09.56.08.png

Next is the new trending topics section which is a live feed of the most popular conversations happening in real time! 

MartinO2_8-1628153484465.png

Below to trending topics you will see the familiar Community Activity where you can see the latest topics and filter them by most recent > most viewed > most commented and most liked. 

MartinO2_9-1628153485460.png

Down at the bottom of the home page you will see a feed that highlights the most recent guides and reviews. If you hit the View All button it will take you to the guides and reviews category. 

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 10.04.39.png

Finally the familiar community stats can be found at the very bottom of the page. 

MartinO2_11-1628153484301.png

New private messaging interface

We also have a brand new private message system which will display your message conversations in a threaded view so no more going back and forth between your inbox and outbox. Please note: Only messages exchanged after the upgrade goes live will be in the threaded view. 

MartinO2_12-1628153484560.png

Solution highlight 

The next new feature to talk about is floated solutions. When a solution is picked on a thread it will be highlighted at the top of the discussion for easy viewing. The solution will still be in it's proper position down the chain of messages. 

MartinO2_13-1628153484565.png

The new version has an updated text editor box for topics, replies and private messages. 

MartinO2_14-1628153484448.png

Please have a good look around the new community and let us know any feedback, questions or issues in the comments below! 

Issue log and updates: 

Text font and formatting - Fixed. To correct this please clear the cache on your bowser 

Signature cut off - Fixed. The hight of the signature box has been increased. 

Continuity problem on long topics - Fixed. This was an admin setting that has now been turned off 

Guide and review boards formatting issues - Fixed. We now have a tiled view for guides and reviews. 

Topics on the board level not sorting by most recent post -Fixed. The topics will now sort at the board level by most recent reply. 

Image gallery missing from profile page - Fixed. You can now find your image gallery on your profile page and the public image gallery of other members on their profile page. 

Increase emoji size - Fixed. The size of the emoji's in posts and messaging has now been increased. 

Add friends from member profile -Fixed. Add and remove friend has been added to profile pages. 

Missing options in text editor on mobile view (video link, quote and emoji’s) FixedQuotes and emoji's have been added to the mobile view text editor. Adding videos is not currently supported however this will be added in a future platform upgrade. 

Adding unanswered topics to homepage dropdown - FixedA widget for unread posts has been added to the home page. 

Guide links not working - FixedGuide links now take you directly to the guide page. 

Adding post count and views to replies Fixed. Post count and views have now been added.

Errors in footer formatting Fixed. We have now corrected all of the errors.

Topic first post is displayed on all pages of replies - Fixed. Now the OP is only visible on the first page of the thread.

Spell checker in text editor  - In progress. We have 2 different options for the spell checker. Inline, realtime or with the old style click to check for misspelled words. We'll decide this at a later date. 

Spell checker change from US English to UK English - Investigating

Your own posts showing in the unread message page - Investigating 

Clicking an unread message takes you to different unread message then highlighted - Investigating

Using male/female emoji’s adds extra emoji’s - Investigating

Quoting options - Closed. Unfortunately there is only one way of quoting on the current platform design.

Guides and Reviews slow loading times - Closed. There was no issue found in the loading times of guides and reviews.

“View all” for posts and replies option on member profile - Closed. Unfortunately this option cannot be added to the member profile. 

Cant see if sent messages have been read - Closed. Unfortunately this feature cannot be added to the new messaging system. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 611
610 REPLIES 610

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

Looks good, apart from the different Fonts would be good if all where one font, and not Times New Roman 🙂 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 611

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad you like the look so far @madasaf1sh! We're still sorting out a few settings and formatting issues. For the fonts clear your cache and that should sort the problem. Please let me know how you get on. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 611

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Every post I make appears as an unread post.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 611

Anonymous
Not applicable

Continuity problem with some threads. The F1 thread - Last post was yesterday (Page 51) But then continues on to more posts going back to March. Well that's what I'm seeing (On a PC Windows 10)

Message 5 of 611

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Where the hell is the unread post button? @Martin-O2 ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 611

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

FEEDBACK

Signing in - not a problem and took me to Home Page

- avatar gone [as announced yesterday]; substituted with circular image

- walking elephant image chopped in half; had to delete in personal profile and re-paste

- signature disappeared; had to redo; check; then amend to get it correct

- awards gone - where are they ? can they be re-instated or do I have to wait for promised new banner award

OFF-TOPIC 

- experiencing same problem as mentioned by @Anonymous with posts dating back months/years

- in WRQ thread, images for Thinkers now in column one under each other rather than under text 

Some reasonably good ideas, others not so easy to use/understand.

I feel sorry for newbies trying to get their heads round the confusion

mi-amigo-community3.jpg

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7 of 611

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Can anyone tell me where the unread post button is for gods sake!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 611

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Click your face 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 611

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25015 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where do I find Friends ? Not under Profile... Another victim of the New Look ??

mi-amigo-community3.jpg

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 611