Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

leecarroll
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok ... been recieving o2 emails until a week ago.... linked my o2 with outlook probably 6 months ago ... now getting notication but no emails on my o2 email address ....

does this now mean my o2 email is not valid ???????????... a little confused

Message 71 of 75

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yep, it's dead as a dodo mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 72 of 75

Unhappy64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am trying to change to outlook !
I note that my direct debit is being paid but I also note this phone fails to send to O2. ukliamduncan**Personal info**. Is my new email address it should work if not email me at ukliamduncan**Personal info**. If that will work who has not updated credit reference agencies for the last two months?
Message 73 of 75

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Unhappy64wrote:
I am trying to change to outlook !
I note that my direct debit is being paid but I also note this phone fails to send to O2. ukliamduncan**Personal info**. Is my new email address it should work if not email me at ukliamduncan**Personal info**. If that will work who has not updated credit reference agencies for the last two months?

I can't figure out the question here, sorry, but this isn't customer services, so to contact O2, please see here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 75

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A wild guess methinks the problem is that he's still trying to send mail via O2.....

Message 75 of 75