Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I suspect, if true, that it must be an issue between O2 and the Sky account transfer and I guess it's possible that some of the transferred accounts may not be affected and/or have been moved to different servers by Sky?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 61 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I suspect, if true, that it must be an issue between O2 and the Sky account transfer and I guess it's possible that some of the transferred accounts may not be affected and/or have been moved to different servers by Sky?

I wouldn't have a clue. Two issues I find confusing....

Servers closed down by//from? June 20th. Some have lost webmail...others haven't.

Too many people popping up saying they weren't informed.

Seems a damn mess to me if honest.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 75

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
...... and you're surprised, why?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 63 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
...... and you're surprised, why?

Not at all surprised ....just get annoyed at poor communication...if it is....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 75

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Should be used to it by now.

Currently using:
Message 65 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me why I can send emails from my o2 account, but for around a week now I have not been able to recieve them?

Also I never received an email regarding the closure, I found it out via the internet! Can anyone help in migrating my mail to my Google mail account?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Message 66 of 75

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 67 of 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community head. Sorry to hear about this! We have been sending out notifications and posting messages here on the community about webmail closing for a number of months. Do you have any other email accounts linked to your O2 account? Have you checked any junk folders also? 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 68 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Toby

I have a google mail account and an o2 mail account. No mail has gone to my junk folder!

I have spoken with Sky regarding this. They say to download the emails to my hard drive!

Paul

Message 69 of 75

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous
Sorry to hear that about this. We tried very hard to ensure many communication types were sent to customers around the closure. I would suggest going onto any sites where this address is registered and updating them with an alternative address to use in future.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 70 of 75