Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 536

Re: Try the Tech - Official Programme Launched

Hi, you might want to post a little intro here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Introduce-yourself-on-the-O2-Community/m-p/571606#U571606 Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

I'm very interested! How would I do this?

Anonymous

ive neva really tried a BB so it b a novelty to play about with n c wot the hype is all about
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

When Toby posts the next phase with the choice of handsets you just private message him ,and if your successful he will contact you back.
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and @Anonymous and welcome to the Community.

Having trialled 3 devices through Try The Tech I feel I can say with authority that it is a great scheme.

You get to trial a device for 2 weeks (using your own sim) so you can see what they are like, whether you would consider buying one in the future etc, and at the end of it o2 all that you write a review for other customers to see.

Two reviews were placed on here over the last few days. @MI5 reviewed the Z30 from Blackberry and I reviewed the Nokia Lumia 1020. Please do go and have a look. Gives you an idea of what this is all about.
Anonymous

I would love to be involved. Please contact me.

I used to Test mobile phone handsets back in my youth, over 20 years ago, can you believe that.

I'm still a Tech Head so would be an ideal candidate to evaluate what's new on the market.

Former Staff

Hi londoner_the,

Great to hear Smiley Happy

I'll be posting a list of available phones tomorrow morning, so keep a look out for it.

What phones do you like the look of? I wont be able to get any new ones for tomorrow (on top of the list of devices I have ready), but I will be putting in requests for phones and tablets in later phases.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Anonymous

I'm using a HTC M8 at the moment along with an Iphone 4S and previous to that a Galaxy S4.

So am pretty used to Android and iOS devices

Would be great to evaluate a Nokia Windows phone like a 930.

On paper Windows phones could be "the future" but  like to find out if that close to the truth myself.

As I said I used to be a tester for Sony Ericsson when i first started in the job world at 17 years of age.

So would love to test one to find out if they are still up to the standards.

Testing included putting phones in ovens to simulate the heat of a dashboard in Dubai.

And also involved driving up and down the M4 between Swindon and Reading to ensure calls stayed up.

Happy days!

Former Staff

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll put in some requests!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Level 2: Apprentice

Hello @Toby Can I get involved tomorrow please? :-)