Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Re: Try the Tech: New phase!

Just gotta wait for an update regarding the Blackberry Z10 but @Toby has MY full address so hopefully I'll hear something soon
Highlighted
Topics: 38
Kudos: 62

@Anonymous wrote:
@DinoF did you receive the luminous yellow variant ??

....no - I received an all matt black one!!

Its great testing it however in the box, it doesn't specify when I need to return the handset?! Confused

Also  - it would have been nice to receive some basic instructions on how to use the handset (never used a Lumia before!!) but I guess, I can look online for these...!

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi

Toby will PM you when it's time to return the phone in the Jiffy bag.

If they have not affixed stamps but franked it instead note the date on the frank as it's important you send it back on that date.

If you get stuck use Nokias help pages or indeed this forum to ask questions.

Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Former Staff

Good to hear some of the phones have started to arrive! @dmason197, I'll answer your PM soon Smiley Happy
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted

Yes and I'll get back too u soon got an Emergency Dentist Appointment as both MY bottom teeth are loose and painful so will respond when I get home
Highlighted
Topics: 38
Kudos: 62

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Toby will PM you when it's time to return the phone in the Jiffy bag.

If they have not affixed stamps but franked it instead note the date on the frank as it's important you send it back on that date.

If you get stuck use Nokias help pages or indeed this forum to ask questions.

Smiley Wink

...my jiffy bag has been stamped but I guess @Toby will surely let us know when he wants them back...!!!

I would say that my only caveat is that I have chosen a giffgaff pay as you go sim which I didn't initially realise, that giffgaff does not provide 4G unless you sign up to trials D'oh! so won't now be able to test out the Lumia's 4G capabilities (unless I order an O2 sim but then it means paying another £15 for one in addition to the £12 I've already paid to giffgaff for their one!!)...... oh well...!!

First impressions  of the Lumia are that it is very big, compared to my current iPhone 5, which, personally, I don't like.!!  But - hey, its early days yet.........!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

One of the reasons I choose to use an O2 SIM card to give feedback on various connection speeds.

Don't worry tho it's not going to spoil your review. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Topics: 543

As you mention, 4G is available and it's just a case of sending a note to the agents to get enrolled on the trial. It won't help you for this trial but maybe useful for any future ones if giffgaff's 4G has not become mainstream by then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

OK - So @Toby What Delivery Courier does O2 use for the Device Trials? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

And I'd love too know more about when 4G coverage will become availiable in PO16 (Fareham) @Toby