Did you mean: 

Try the Tech: New phase!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we often loan devices out to members, so that you can have a go with the some of the latest phones to see what you think. You can then also write reviews or guides about the devices, which helps other members on the community decide whether to consider them slight_smile

We're ready for a new phase and below are the devices we currently have to loan out:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI 

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY XPERIA Z BLACK 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

MOTOROLA MOTO X

We have more than one of some of these devices, giving more of you a chance to test them out! If you'd like to have a go, post here or send me a private message and we can discuss options slight_smile

Also, if you have any ideas of devices you'd like to try out in the future that are not included here, let us know too!

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just gotta wait for an update regarding the Blackberry Z10 but @Toby has MY full address so hopefully I'll hear something soon
Message 71 of 173

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@DinoF did you receive the luminous yellow variant ??

....no - I received an all matt black one!!

Its great testing it however in the box, it doesn't specify when I need to return the handset?! Confused

Also  - it would have been nice to receive some basic instructions on how to use the handset (never used a Lumia before!!) but I guess, I can look online for these...!

Message 72 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Toby will PM you when it's time to return the phone in the Jiffy bag.

If they have not affixed stamps but franked it instead note the date on the frank as it's important you send it back on that date.

If you get stuck use Nokias help pages or indeed this forum to ask questions.

wink
Message 73 of 173

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Good to hear some of the phones have started to arrive! @dmason197, I'll answer your PM soon slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 74 of 173

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes and I'll get back too u soon got an Emergency Dentist Appointment as both MY bottom teeth are loose and painful so will respond when I get home
Message 75 of 173

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Toby will PM you when it's time to return the phone in the Jiffy bag.

If they have not affixed stamps but franked it instead note the date on the frank as it's important you send it back on that date.

If you get stuck use Nokias help pages or indeed this forum to ask questions.

wink

...my jiffy bag has been stamped but I guess @Toby will surely let us know when he wants them back...!!!

I would say that my only caveat is that I have chosen a giffgaff pay as you go sim which I didn't initially realise, that giffgaff does not provide 4G unless you sign up to trials D'oh! so won't now be able to test out the Lumia's 4G capabilities (unless I order an O2 sim but then it means paying another £15 for one in addition to the £12 I've already paid to giffgaff for their one!!)...... oh well...!!

First impressions  of the Lumia are that it is very big, compared to my current iPhone 5, which, personally, I don't like.!!  But - hey, its early days yet.........!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of the reasons I choose to use an O2 SIM card to give feedback on various connection speeds.

Don't worry tho it's not going to spoil your review. slight_smile
Message 77 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As you mention, 4G is available and it's just a case of sending a note to the agents to get enrolled on the trial. It won't help you for this trial but maybe useful for any future ones if giffgaff's 4G has not become mainstream by then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 78 of 173

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - So @Toby What Delivery Courier does O2 use for the Device Trials? slight_smile

Message 79 of 173

dmason197
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And I'd love too know more about when 4G coverage will become availiable in PO16 (Fareham) @Toby 

Message 80 of 173