Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Next Galaxy - Thu 13th Aug!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For those who don't know, Samsung have a 'Samsung Unpacked' event at 4PM today (13th Aug). EXCITING!

Official_Invitation_Teaser_1024x683_v2.png

So what do you think we’ll see from Samsung this time around? Super-capacity graphene battery? X-Ray photography? Infinity core CPU? Perhaps a bit too sci-fi’ish but lets dream big!

I’ll be back 4pm tomorrow and I’ll be live-updating the post below with all the official specs and features as and when it’s announced, so keep an eye on the thread if you’re unable to watch the live feed.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Looking good but with things like universal wireless fast charging and smart pay it needs retailers and outlets to adopt quickly otherwise they will be much underused though welcome features. We need all restaurants,  stores,  cafes and travel terminals to keep up with Samsung. 

Absolutely! What is the point in wireless charging when your phone still runs out of juice half way through the day?

I cannot see the innovation....ok so they are faster and have more RAM.....they wouldn't be upgrades if they didnt. They have the same camera's, smaller batteries, no SD cards, no removeable battery, no 128GB option etc etc.

I would love to be proved wrong but cannot see these handsets selling to the extent of the Note 4 and Galaxy S6

Message 41 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
@jonsie
Samsung pay will work in almost all retailers. They hold patent on a magnetic emitter that works with even the old strip readers.
Should be great when rolled out worldwide.
Message 42 of 67

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Looking good but with things like universal wireless fast charging and smart pay it needs retailers and outlets to adopt quickly otherwise they will be much underused though welcome features. We need all restaurants,  stores,  cafes and travel terminals to keep up with Samsung. 

Absolutely! What is the point in wireless charging when your phone still runs out of juice half way through the day?

I cannot see the innovation....ok so they are faster and have more RAM.....they wouldn't be upgrades if they didnt. They have the same camera's, smaller batteries, no SD cards, no removeable battery, no 128GB option etc etc.

I would love to be proved wrong but cannot see these handsets selling to the extent of the Note 4 and Galaxy S6

My phone lasts a day easy and my use on here shows it spends most of the day with screen on.

Message 43 of 67

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

So all-in-all, the newly announced Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus feature very similar specifications - same screen size and resolution, same memory, same processor. That means no matter what device you're looking at for a new upgrade, you'll be getting the same fantastic high performance on both.

Availability, pricing and more details will be coming soon. Make sure you register your interest here to be the first to know > 

Message 44 of 67

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Not impressed if this is correct.... No Note foe Europe 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and Galaxy Note 5 unveiled - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33859952

* Disclaimer *

The BBC is not responsible for the content of this email, and anything written in this email does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the email address nor name of the sender have been verified.

No Note for Europe

Like previous versions of the Note, the new version comes with a stylus - which Samsung says makes it suitable for productivity tasks. But the phone now has metal edges and a glass back to give it a more "premium" feel.

Galaxy Note 5Samsung has opted not to launch the stylus-controlled Galaxy Note 5 in Europe - at least for now

In a change of strategy, the South Korean firm has no plans at present to release the Note 5 in Europe - a decision it says is purely for marketing reasons.

One company-watcher said that could be a mistake.

"The Note would have been a good fit for Europe's enterprise market, and if Samsung expects the S6 Edge+ to attract the same business users I don't believe it will succeed," commented Francisco Jeronimo from market research firm IDC.

Unlike last year, there is no "edge" edition of the Note.

Message 45 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

No Note 5 for Europe?

What sort of marketing strategy is that? Smiley Mad

Oh I know....probably leave those of us in Europe demanding it's release here...so we get it...eventually Weird

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 67

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If or whenever I can get clarification or confirmation on that, i'll let everyone know. Samsung did opt not to launch the Note Edge in Europe in previous years - perhaps now, their focus is on their S-range?

Message 47 of 67

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
It's just a marketing ploy to gauge interest.
It'll come for sure....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 48 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that keyboard add on is just rubbish - what's that about?

Message 49 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

No Note in Europe - is this the start of merging the note and s line of products?

Message 50 of 67