Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

They are.

And the email address I found at telefonica does not bounce

Message 191 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well he'll certainly be getting a few comments from me about this. 

I mean how much does it really cost to run tugo? It can't be that much. 

Message 192 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 193 of 1,062

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36337 Posts
  • 233 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Go to the post you want to reply to and hit reply under that post. In your reply click on Quote above your reply box and anyone can then see who you are replying to. 

T'was me, heretofore known as "Gonzo the Great", @jonsie

Message 194 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Go to the post you want to reply to and hit reply under that post. In your reply click on Quote above your reply box and anyone can then see who you are replying to. 

T'was me, heretofore known as "Gonzo the Great", @jonsie

Ok 😁

Message 195 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a little disappointed by O2 this morning to receive a text message stating that TU Go is coming to the end of its life, in replacement of Wi-Fi Calling / 4G calling, which is great if you are on a 4G Tariff. 

I am on an old tariff that I have had for 10+ years with Unlimited everything, so obviously very reluctant to give it up.

When I call O2 to discuss options, they give me a tariff which is 10 quid more expensive and gives me far less, and tell me this is a good deal!. 

Vodaphone are easily offering me a similar tariff, albeit not unlimited data - but 40GB of data, 4G , Wi-Fi calling, Free spotify etc for 20 GBP. 

Disappointing that O2 take things away from you - then force you to either upgrade onto more restrictive / costly contracts . Loyalty means nothing these days.  All I wanted was to keep my Wi-Fi calling abilities ONLY because your normal phone signal is almost non existent where I live. 

FYI - SIMO deal.

Now I can leave hading fed my feedback to you slight_smile 

Message 196 of 1,062

Hugo_Furst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to your 'Ryan Air' moment.

A very very poor decision not to run TuGo in parallel, whilst the customer choice of phones and prices would increase.

You need to delay this for about 2 more years.

But then again what would I know I'm only a customer of 14 years, including via CPW, who now will be considering alternative options with your competitors!!!

Message 197 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 123243 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@AnonymousYou have made the right decision I think. Many others will follow. For your info, not only do you need 4G you need a handset which is compatible. Currently with O2 these are only the current flagship devices. https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Best of luck wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 198 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Guarantee the unlimited data is not unlimited 

Message 199 of 1,062

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Unlimited Data when many years ago and even though your tariff says it, I’m sure it now limited to 3GB.

Some one will verify that if needed.

And we all feel your pain. O2 TU is a much loved app that I don’t think O2 realise how much damage they have caused by Anouncing of the removal.

All I can say is this some one some where must be paid big money to come up with these great ideas.

It will all be graphed and charted.  How much revenue to keep TU and how many customers could we loose.  Which one wins. And het presto TU really does GO.

One cost to another Cost. That’s what I boils down to.  O2 loose a few customers, but gain a few too.  Hey ho that’s life apparently now, easy come easy go lol 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 200 of 1,062