Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the truth is that, though I am terribly sorry the app is closing and am pretty miffed about it as I did use it, that hardly any O2 customers knew about it anyway. 

Jules

Message 181 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Chief Exec appears to be:

[personal information removed]

I have a standard customer complaint in, when I get a response I shall elevate to Mr Evans (that is unless they have cancelled withdrawing O2). I suggest everyone does it.

Telefonica is considering having an IPO, (Share Offering) of O2 and I was prepared to invest. If this sticks, I will not invest.

I know someone who works for the Company., I am told that internally it is in absolute chaos at the top. several top people have left.

It is difficult to believe that any Company could be quite this stupid, especially in a competitive area like mobiles, where O2 customer service was until now so markedly better than EE.

Message 182 of 1,062

MikeTQ
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Andy - will look into this
Message 183 of 1,062

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38201 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@MikeTQ wrote:

The only alternative that I know of would be Whats App and that does not let you see and reply to texts on your computer screen. 

Yes, WhatsApp does have a desktop version too, and one that runs in the browser on your pc:

https://web.whatsapp.com

Message 184 of 1,062

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38201 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions
Gonzo the Great, @Anonymous, I hope.
Message 185 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can’t believe this. I only stayed with o2 because tugo means I can use my phone at home. I’m off to one of the many networks that provide cheaper tariffs and calls.
Message 186 of 1,062

HaHa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Removing TU is such a backward step. The O2 network round here is poor, so I can only receive calls and texts to my mobile via TU. I see no other reason to upgrade my Iphone 5S so I'll be off to an operator who cares about customer service.

Message 187 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone really think we could get this stopped? I doubt it. 

Message 188 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Organisation in chaos at the top (and O2 is) occasionally do very stupid things.

This is one of those.

It is worth complaining to the CEO. I have

You can find his address by Googling <CEO + O2 + email>

If I put it up it gets deleted. That tells you something about how sick this organisation is. It is freely available via Google.

O2 are in deep crisis . The Spanish owners Telefonica will not be at all pleased. They were hoping it coud go public soon.

Message 189 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are his initials M.E.? 

Message 190 of 1,062