Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is still available because I phoned our local Three Store this morning in between some very frustrating calls with O2.

The guy at the Three Store actually mentioned the app, so apparently it is still there.

Message 981 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
I'm using it on my Z3 tablet and it will work fine on your Z5.
They say it doesn't work on dual sim phones though, but I am yet to try it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 982 of 1,062

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, I can find that in the Web page but not on my phone. This is why :-

"This app is incompatible with all of your devices" 

Huawei Mate 9.   (It is also incompatible with their native Wi-Fi calling, which lists very few phones.)

SmartSelectImage_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

As it happens, my interest is merely academic because O2 is still the only network that covers my house (in a city, that is quite astounding) so if I leave I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I'll miss TuGo when I go on holiday though. 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 983 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
That's a bummer 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 984 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading the description in the app, (Three In Touch), it mentions charges normal to contracted allowance.

I don't know if this is a standard note but it suggests that the caller is charged for using wifi calls and texts, unlike you were on TuGo.

Is this the case?

It wouldn't affect my decision because as far as I am concerned I need this facility primarily for emergencies.  But I can understand some people's concerns about not being able to use it abroad without being charged given the bills that can be run up.

I spoke to a rep from the local Three shop on the phone yesterday, (the landline).  He did say that the network signal at my post code would be good anyway so I probably wouldn't need wifi calling.  Then I talked about when I go to the Yorkshire Dales for holidays.  Masts do not get planning permission in this National Park, so their ain't any network that works there.  They are reliant on landlines and wifi.  The cottages that we rent generally do not have a phone connected, understandably, but they do have wifi and strangely, but thankfully, the broadband is excellent.

Message 985 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
If you have allowances it’s free to use but otherwise you are charged standard rates.
Same as Tugo was.

Currently using:
Message 986 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not clear.  I may be misunderstanding this.

My O2 contract was for 250 minutes on calls, free texts and 1GB data.  I never used all of the minutes and never over ran the data - my mobile data is invariably switched off as I don't really need it when I'm away from home.

When I got my bills, it showed a duration but never a charge for calls.  So if I had over run my 250 minutes, I would have been charged extra for those calls - am I right?

As regards texts, because I was/am on a free text tarrif, would I have been charged for using TuGo to make texts?  Because my bill shows 0.00 on all the texts I've made, TuGo and otherwise, although my bills do not state whether texts have been made using TuGo or the network, unlike calls are.

I know I have used TuGo to make texts because when I was in hospital for two weeks awaiting heart surgery it was pretty well my only contact with the outside world.  I know I had no network signal so I had to use the hospital's intermittent poor wifi.  Not much good for calls as it kept dropping out, but at least the texts and emails/Facebook posts got queued and went eventually.

Message 987 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Still not clear.  I may be misunderstanding this.

When I got my bills, it showed a duration but never a charge for calls.  So if I had over run my 250 minutes, I would have been charged extra for those calls - am I right?

Yes, you would have been.

In your scenario you could have made (with Tugo) 250 mins of calls and sent unlimited text messages without any charges. You would have been billed 42p per min for any calling time over the 250 mins though.

The Three app works in exactly the same way.

Currently using:
Message 988 of 1,062

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

If you look at your "my O2" section of the website, there is a subsection called tariff and allowances. Within that is a heading of Previous usage. Within that are three tabs showing data, minutes and texts for the last 6 months.
Screenshot_20171222-083817.png

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 989 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done it!

Been down to the Three shop in Bangor today.

MI5 was right.  The staff are so friendly and willing.  A damn sight more so than the prat at the O2 shop round the corner.

I can't believe why I stayed with O2 for so long.  I'm getting a better deal alround!

I was on 250 minutes, free texts and 1GB with O2 for £9.09.  On Three I'm on 600 minutes, free texts and 4GB for £10.00 and I've got Three in Touch to boot.

I slip my new SIM in tomorrow and away I go.

I recommend anyone and everyone to follow the same example.  Complain with your feet and walk away.  There is life after O2!

O2 can stick their phones where the sun don't shine! - With their beligerent attitudeI hope they go under.  They deserve to!

Message 990 of 1,062