Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Frogger
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have posted in this thread before so I’ll try and keep brief but I have just heard back from Complaints Handling team.

firstly the lady seemed well informed and sincere. 

I raised the complaint because I have lost coverage most of the time indoors at home since August and was advised to use TuGo which has been excellent keeping me connected. The reply was basically. 

1) we don’t guarantee coverage

2) whoever advised me to use TuGo would not have known it was to be ceased

3) decision to stop service will NOT be delayed or reversed.

4) she cannot chase my long outastanding fault

5) WiFi calling will not do text, so I was advised to use a 3rd party app, but could not suggest one.

6) can not / would not discuss why the decision was made

7) the is no proposed replacement app in development 

😎 o2 are working with handset makers to improve compatibility with WiFi calling. (I’m guessing this will only apply to new models)

9) I requested that my comments would be passed upwards, this was agreed.

finally...

10) My Complaint Will Not Be Upheld

/End

Message 451 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Yeah, the same “F. Off” that every one is getting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 452 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Which is exactly what I’ll be doing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 453 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Just as we all suspected. Thanks for posting though as that seems final and yes, I'll be going too as soon as possible.
Message 454 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really useful App, shame O2 are getting rid of it

Made it unique from other networks

Message 455 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Really useful App, shame O2 are getting rid of it

Made it unique from other networks

Although Three and EE do an app which allows calls and texts over WiFi. Not for use abroad though..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 456 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144646 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions
Or on mobile data.

Currently using:
Message 457 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

the technology is there to do it, why can't we make our own app to replace it?

Message 458 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Where I live we have a hopeless phone signal, no 3G and no 4G.  90% of my incoming and outgoing calls get routed via TuGo.  When the TuGo app is taken away how will I get incoming my calls?  How will I make outgoiung Calls? Without TuGo if I miss a call even the text stating a call was missed can take 24hrs to get to me.  I switched to O2 only because TuGo is more flexible than Vodafone Suresignal and it uses my WiFi.

Thanks in advance

Message 459 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Asking this question took me to this thread. Some very helpful posts here so thanks. I am going to ask for my MAC Code mid November. If I cannot make calls on 1st December I will leave O2 and refer O2 to OfCom for giving me a contract and then removing my ability to make calls.
Message 460 of 1,062