Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It was the TITLE of the festival that I thought relevant...(Certainly after todays news...)

Yes very appropriate given that now the three most used apps, after My O2, have now been taken away without explanations or apologies. 

Message 21 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Taken away with either no excuses or very lame ones

Message 22 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall be leaving O2, then.

Message 23 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
Adding my voice to the ever-growing list of unhappy customers. Mobile reception at my home and workplace is poor to non-existent, and I rely heavily on Tu Go to receive and make phone calls and text messages. My husband works offshore where there is - unsurprisingly - no reception whatsoever, and is able to use use his phone only because of the Tu Go app for six whole months of the year. Since we both only upgraded our phones earlier this year, we most certainly won't be upgrading again so we have compatible handsets for VoWiFi (which I gather won't work for text messages either). The deciding factor in choosing to remain with O2 when we upgraded was the existence of the Tu Go app - had we been aware you were going to discontinue it we wouldn't have renewed our contracts. Are o2 planning to compensate customers for the fact that the value of the service will be greatly reduced? I'm struggling to see why I should pay upwards of £25 a month for a phone service that doesn't work as a phone service. I strongly recommend that you reconsider closing the app, and put some thought into phasing it out over a period of years to allow technology to catch up. The very limited number of handsets that will actually work with the new system is ridiculous, and to further limit it to only those who bought their phone through O2 is nothing short of ludicrous. Sort it out.
Message 24 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously?  I can't believe O2 are getting rid of such a useful service / app and with so little apology - there are only 17 (mainly very new) handset models that can currently use your "replacement" VoWifi service.   Why would you get remove such a useful app from the majority of your customers with so few phones supporting the replacement service?  Why?

My phone is only a 2016 model & it's not listed!  I'll have to go back to using my emergency Vodafone PAYGO phone for visiting my parents in Cornwall & my sister in rural Sussex!  I will also be looking at moving my monthly contract when it comes up as EE does provide coverage for those areas - I only stayed with O2 because of Tu App meant my phone worked everywhere!

Message 25 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had the txt from O2UK saying "It's time to say goodbye to TU Go"

Sorry, it should say "It's time to say goodbye to O2"

Message 26 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Must be rolling the texts out in batches. I haven't had mine yet!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have had my text today telling me to say goodbye to TU Go, and I'm absolutely gutted and justifiably angry.  Just this month I bought a new phone with 24 month O2 contract from Carphone Warehouse.  I did my research and picked the handset and tarriff that's right for me, a Huewai P10 Plus.  Not on the list of VoWiFi compatible handsets.

I've used O2 for years purely because of the TU Go app.  If I had known it would be withdrawn next month I would most likely have gone with a different network.  I certainly won't be choosing O2 again when it's time to upgrade next.  Very poor service from this company.

Message 28 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only reason I stayed with o2 is because the tu go app backs up messages. Now i'm going to lose over 3 years worth. I use it when I'm abroad to make calls, time to look for another network
Message 29 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

anyone else knows a provider that offers something similar, as in a site that I can use to send receive texts

Message 30 of 1,062