Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!
Message 1881 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good luck and hope you get past the stupidity and get sorted soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1882 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just submitted the complaint through the link you provided.... Thanks again!
I thought I was the only one who still has the Note 7 but after reading through this forum, found that it is O2 who has messed up.....
Message 1883 of 1,893

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 are experts at messing up - usually the simplest of things too wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1884 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This really beggars belief.... Hope things are sorted soon. They should be if you use Resolver

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1885 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks mate! I do hope so....
Message 1886 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How can a company get something so simple so sadly wrong. Incompetence at its worst. 

Message 1887 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

How can a company get something so simple so sadly wrong. Incompetence at its worst. 

And it seems to be never-ending. Not only did they get it so wrong but they seem unable to put it right in a timely manner. They clearly don't care as long as their bills, for a phone that is powered down thus unusable, gets paid. Disgusting is what it is Evil

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1888 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Just calling it...
I bet at least one person still has their o2 note7 when note8 is released..
Message 1889 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Just calling it...
I bet at least one person still has their o2 note7 when note8 is released..

LOL. Dunno why I am laughing as it's pathetic really slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1890 of 1,893