Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
You need to wait for UKMail to arrange a collection from you. The PO won't accept it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1601 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

@RJKennedy wrote:

Just received my Jiffy bag to return the Note 7 via the Post Office/Royal Mail (who we all know aren't accepting). I take it I just ignore this and wait for a call from UK Mail?

Yes, please ignore the jiffy bag and the auto-generated email you may have received suggesting you to return your handset via Royal Mail. When you call our dedicated number, you will be able to discuss your options and subsequently, UK Mail will be contacting you to arrange the pickup at a convenient time.

Once again, all note7 devices will be collected via UK Mail only and they will be in touch with all our customers after they have spoken to us on 0333 234 1457.

This is the official confirmation so call them on the number and wait for UK Mail to contact you.

Message 1602 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

I returned my phone to Carphone Warehouse last Thursday and was told my contract would be reversed but it would take several working days to sort. Until that is done I cannot upgrade again of course.... So far I've heard nothing... Is there another number to contact regarding the contract reversal? I see the "dedicated" number in the first post but if that is for returns then it won't help me as I don't have the phone any longer. Just want someone to reverse it so I can move on with my life lol

Message 1603 of 1,893

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I returned my phone to Carphone Warehouse last Thursday and was told my contract would be reversed but it would take several working days to sort. Until that is done I cannot upgrade again of course.... So far I've heard nothing... Is there another number to contact regarding the contract reversal? I see the "dedicated" number in the first post but if that is for returns then it won't help me as I don't have the phone any longer. Just want someone to reverse it so I can move on with my life lol

Regular CS can help with that http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1604 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @AuntSally16,

You should have a PM reply from me asking for some details. We'll then chase this up for you!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1605 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Went through CS - transferred to support who in fairness were as helpful as they could be... unfortunately O2 cannot see that the phone has been returned - even though I have the receipt. Without that the reversal cannot take place so they advised to go back to CPW. Did that in store just now and it looks like they have requested the disconnection but it takes 3-5 business days to clear (CPW have been told 5)... so hopefully tomorrow it will be resolved.... a bit disappointed that some people seem to have been able to ring up and get it done straight away - but I've got to go back and fore trying to get mine sorted out - and we haven't even looked at getting a refund on the early settlement and contract payments already made yet! Guess that's what happens when you use a 3rd party seller...

Message 1606 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I spoke to CS(on the dedicated number) last Wednesday I was told I would be called back on Friday. No call till Monday. So I called CS back on Monday evening CS told me oh it was not done last time let's book it in now. And since I paid off my device plan ( which was a big mistake) and I have deactivated my account I will get the money back to the account which is deactivated and then I need to call them again to move it back to my bank, and that I would have UK mail pick up the package. I said great could I have a confirmation email of this please. They said ok sending you email I hung up and no email arrived 😞 . So I called up CS again yesterday they again tell me oh ur not booked in yet we dont have a phone number set up for UK mail to contact you even though I had already given this 3 times already. So go through the whole process again, I again ask for the email confirmation I'm told it will take up to 15 mins so its better you dont hold the line. And I still dont get email :(. Now Should I assume that I have been booked for UK mail or not? I'm really not sure without having any confirmation of any kind. And an amount of £768 is still stuck with 02:(

Message 1607 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Glad to see UK mail getting in touch with some people.  I'm beginning to think my Pixel will turn up before the Note is collected.  Only been 8 days now!  What's most annoying is that I could really do with the £100ish refund I'm due to part pay for the new device as my bank account is crying with the cost!

Message 1608 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Glassbeard,

Have you not had an update? If not, feel free to PM me.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1609 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Toby I'm happy to confirm after your dm was received I got a call from UK Mail and my nite 7 was picked up today.

I was told by CS and UK Mail that they needed the phone boxed and its charger so that's what they got from me... Haha.
Message 1610 of 1,893