PS4 is coming to O2!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi all,

The next-generation of gaming has arrived, and from Friday you’ll be able to get your hands on a sweet PS4 & Sony Z1 smartphone bundle from many of our stores that will carry limited stock. With many online and retail shops already sold out, this could be your chance to get one before Christmas! Here's all you need to know:

Is this only for new customers?

Absolutely not – existing customers can also upgrade to this bundle

Can I buy just the Playstation 4 on its own, without a phone or contract?

No – The PS4 is only available as part of our PS4 + Sony Z1 bundle

What does the bundle consist of?

A Playstation 4, Killzone: Shadow Fall™, 12 months free access to Sony’s PlayStation Plus service and a Sony Xperia Z1 with unlimited minutes, texts and 1GB data.

How much will it cost?

The bundles start from £52 a month with an up-front cost of £89.99

What happens after the 24 month contract term?

As this is available on our O2 Refresh plan, after the 24 months are up you’ll only pay for the airtime portion of the contract

What will stock levels be like?

Of the 65 stores that will have these bundles, stock will be limited and may vary from store to store

Which stores will have the PS4?

You can find a full list of the stores carrying stock from this Friday here -  http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-to-sell-sony-playstation-4

Would love to hear your thoughts on this as I'm sure we've got plenty of gaming fans on here!

Cheers

Abs

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

The cynic in me is thinking that you are trying to take advantage of the fact that this is going to be in limited quantities in the weeks leading up to christmas and using that to get people to sign up to a rather expensive contract.

I'm sure I'm just being overly cynical though wink

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit I kind of agree the contract is well overpriced for what you get
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

bundle 2.jpgbundle.jpgI

Can you explain these two pictures please, ones advertising cheaper than the other. the first one was when i went to the site through my mobile and second was from my computer. was quiet excited at the price for £36 but then i see the other one. which ones the true price please 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

mistake on that, the pics are the other way round sorry, and ment from £37 a month

Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

usual web errors look at the grey text on your mobile photo agrees with the full website of 89.99 and 52 a month.

the mobile page is just the handset price I am sure o2 will update the mobile site shortly

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

KimberleyH
  • 57 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you explain these two pictures please, ones advertising cheaper than the other. the first one was when i went to the site through my mobile and second was from my computer. was quiet excited at the price for £36 but then i see the other one. which ones the true price please 

Hi pinksta, the top picture is showing the combined monthly cost (monthly Airtime plan and monthly bundle) and the second picture is showing the two costs separately.  

Thanks

Kim

Message 7 of 7