Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 - Only on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

We've got some exciting news to share this morning... The fantastic OnePlus 3 is headed exclusively to O2 in the UK and it'll be on sale from this Thursday, available on a range of O2 Refresh tariffs.

Some of you already know just what this device is capable of but for those who don't, let us fill you in a bit...

3_onePlus3_Facebook_Multi-Product-Carousel_3.jpg

Photography
The photography features on the OnePlus 3 include a superior 16MP sensor with EIS and OIS to ensure you get a sharp and focused photo, every time. With manual mode, RAW image support and HDR capability, you can take more control of your photos than ever before

Performance

With a powerful 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB RAM, super-fast UFS 2.0 internal storage and 3,000mAh battery, you're getting one of the fastest devices out there. And speaking of fast, the fingerprint sensor unlocks in just 0.2s and gets smarter over time, learning about your fingerprint more and more. And speaking of more, see more on the stunning 5.5" Optic AMOLED display, producing colours more vivid and true-to-life than ever before.

So much more!
There's so much more still to talk about, such as Dash Charge (charge to 60% in just 30min), an all-metal premium design & build and Oxygen OS - a system built to give you the perfect balance between power and simplicity.

Don't just take our word for it... Check it out for yourself from this Thursday.
Only on O2.

For updates, register here: http://o2.uk/updates

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Cleoriff
  • 123199 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Martin-O2 On this thread we have someone who has actually purchased one. According to this post from @Anonymous they have an EE sim in one section and a 3 sim in the other...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/OnePlus-3-Only-on-O2/m-p/1006236/highlight/true#M18038

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 61 of 108

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff I've asked exactly what "not supported" means. I believe that O2 wont offer help with an issue on a second sim but will get that confirmed. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 62 of 108

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
Yeah, we know it's dual sim and that they both work, but Chris's choice of wording was confusing.
Obviously if you have an O2 and an EE sim in the phone, O2 won't support any issues with EE but you could have 2 O2 numbers in it so one would assume O2 would support in that case?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 63 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123199 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Martin-O2 sorry to sound as if I am naggingSmiley Embarassed...but my issue with the sale of the One Plus 3 is the information coming from the store staff that the phone is locked to O2. @Anonymous Was told this on two separate occasions from CS instore. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/OnePlus-3-Only-on-O2/m-p/1006833/highlight/true#M18077

This is a lie. The phone is unlocked. I personally think store staff needed re-educating on this issue?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 108

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff No problem that's what I'm here for wink I'm going to pass that info on to the rest of the team so that the stores can be informed. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 65 of 108

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions
The stores are well aware that the phone is unlocked (imho) but are choosing to say it's locked to force people into buying contracts.
This isn't an educational issue, it's deception (but they will hide behind the fact that they weren't told).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 66 of 108

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12123 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions
Just out of interest, does the phone indicate which sim/number the call is coming from? Or which one you are making a call from?
I (unfortunately) have a work phone which is on o2, as is my personal number.
I might consider something like this when/if I change phones, but it depends on how it works.
It is also "interesting" to see that the store staff are completely against the info coming from CS (via both phone and FB).
Surely there should be some information coming centrally from o2 about this - maybe from the product pages? - which the store staff use as training/reference material.
Left hand, right hand anyone?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 67 of 108

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12123 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The stores are well aware that the phone is unlocked (imho) but are choosing to say it's locked to force people into buying contracts.
This isn't an educational issue, it's deception (but they will hide behind the fact that they weren't told).

Which is why I wondered about the central training material - it would then be a possibility to "have words" with the stores about this sort of issue...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 68 of 108

MI5
  • 144777 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Just out of interest, does the phone indicate which sim/number the call is coming from? Or which one you are making a call from?
I (unfortunately) have a work phone which is on o2, as is my personal number.
I might consider something like this when/if I change phones, but it depends on how it works.

You have the option of naming each sim or using "Sim 1" "Sim 2" as designation and the phone will show which sim is receiving and making calls.

Currently using:
Message 69 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 123199 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I think the fact one of the stores assistants was heard to say 'this would affect his sales targets' was pretty damning to say the least. (I realise that comment is 'hearsay' Rolleys)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 70 of 108