O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm now thinking it's time that I asked o2 to release me from my contract. Apart from their painfully slow internet and their lack of 3G in some areas of Northumberland, this is now the 2nd major network issue in recent months.

It simply isn't good enough. o2 have gone down in my estimation. At one time I wouldn't even dream of going elsewhere but now ??  I'd even try the 3 network - it cannot be this bad

Message 101 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is crazy once again O2 down no one to answer why lies as to what the issue is and when it will be fixed. Compensation ...very doubtful! It's obvious that customer satisfaction or customer loyalty mean nothing to O2, best off getting another contract!
Message 102 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my family we have 8 phones on o2 and have issues at the moment with 3 of them. In the past 2 weeks I have tried to call O2 on 3 occasions and was on hold for 38,43 and then 45 minutes upon which I hung up. The service and call centres are getting worse. What happened to the customer or is it just about money nowadays

Message 103 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is unpleasant again !!!

I know you are fighting networks and computers but please get the service back ASAP.

Message 104 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is simply not acceptable. I was also affected on 11 July 2012. Today there was an accident on the M1 and it was closed both ways and I was stuck in traffic as a result - I could not ring anyone because my phone would not work.  My phone at 19:39 is still not working now.

I am wanting to cancel my O2 contract. I renewed my contract in March this year - have been with O2 for years on and off.

Will I be able to cancel due to this second disruption in quick succession?

Message 105 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

We've fixed it this afternoon and phones are slowly coming back on the network. You can find the latest here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/m-p/...
Message 106 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

im in kent my husband has coverage but i have had none most of the day

Message 107 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had no signal since 5pm I in hull east Yorkshire came on briefly 5 mins ago but bak off again!!
Message 108 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone has no service since 6pm in east london. does any body know why? I cannot text or make calls. Frustrating!

Message 109 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry o2 depite saying that you have fixed it - you haven't ! Not here anyway. Both our phones have been rebooted, searched for networks etc etc, but o2 is still stone dead.

Given that this is the 2nd major network issue within recent months, can we be released from our contracts ??  I'd rather have a network upon which I can depend and I'm afraid o2 is no longer our network of choice

Message 110 of 288