cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customers in the Caribbean – stay safe!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
O2DefaultNews.png

We’ve been tracking the recent news around hurricanes affecting areas in the Caribbean and we understand some of our customers may have been impacted by these events.

We want to make things as easy as we can for you. If you have loved ones who may have been affected,  we’ll remove all usage charges from the UK to landlines and roaming mobiles in the region, as well as usage charges for our customers roaming in the Caribbean.  We’ll monitor accounts and credit all relevant charges accordingly.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well done indeed.

The Carribean has been badly hit by Irma and there are two more storms on the way upgraded to hurricane status; one expected to hit the Mexican coast.

The Florida Keys have been evacuated under Mandatory Evacuation Order in anticipation of Irma.

This has been a very very bad year for hurricanes.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Thanks for this O2 and @Chris_K for the update

I have been to 2 of the badly affected islands Auguila and the french/dutch st marteen. I may be going again in december my friends in america have been intouch with there friends on st marteen and confirm they are ok . They are now waiting on information regarding there time share (was shown on the dutch navys footage)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Excellent work by O2. Really pleased they are offering this. Best of luck to all those people caught up in this horror..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hopefully the phone lines are still working so they can avail themselves of the offer?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Hopefully the phone lines are still working so they can avail themselves of the offer?

Fair point and watching the news now, I doubt many lines will still be working...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
My thoughts too.
I've got friends living on Tortolla that I can't reach.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a lovely sentiment to have said this - but I've had a lot of trouble actually getting o2 to repay my roaming charges! I am in the military and deployed to Anguilla (amongst other Caribbean islands) for Hurricane relief, and was there for four weeks. Due to damaged infrastructure, whatsapp was our only method of communication, and building up £4.99 per day is quite costly. 

I have called o2 multiple times, and struggled to get reimbursed, but on top of this, o2 have now said that they only were providing free roaming charges until 23rd September. Not even all the British Civilians were evacuated by this date - seems a little harsh! 

Message 9 of 19

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Could one of the admin team possibly feed this back or help @Anonymous

Yes a great gesture but no good if O2 aren't being true to their word.

@Marjo @MercedesS @Martin-O2

Message 10 of 19