O2 will be redeploying technology rolled out last year to ensure staff and customer can access stores safely, ensuring they are COVID safe environments. This will include virtual queuing technology, allowing all customers to skip the queues and instead join a virtual system, receiving a text when an advisor is ready to assist them in a personal one to one appointment.
O2’s store teams will also implement the following process in stores:
- Social distancing measures throughout each store, with clear two metre floor markings
- Personalised service with a limit on the number of customers in-store at any one time
- Appointment system to make sure customers are not held in unnecessary queues or kept waiting
- Contactless payment limit has been increased to £45 with email receipts.
- All employees will be equipped with the appropriate PPE, including face coverings
- Screens at all open service areas
- Enhanced cleaning processes across stores with all product displays, furniture and chairs to be sanitised after every customer
NHS and Care Workers who show their ID badges will also be given VIP access to skip the queue to speak to an advisor in store.