O2 Store Reopenings

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

T-12ApSO_1x1.jpg

Hi everyone,

With the easing of lockdown measures and the reopening of non-essential retail, you might have wondered when exactly you will be able to pop into your local O2 shop again. And we are happy to announce that we are committed to backing the high street:

• New research from O2 shows the high street is on the verge of a footfall bounceback, with 90% of people looking forward to the opening of non-essential retail stores and 65% planning to shop for things in stores they would have brought online during lockdown
  • O2 has invested £3.1m in stores nationwide since January in preparation for reopening, with a further £1.3m planned by mid-2021
  • Flagship O2 stores are unveiling new technology including holographic shopfront displays of O2’s Bubl robot, heralding a new high-tech era for the high street
  • Smaller towns stand to benefit from retail revival as movement studies show people more likely to shop local

As retailers across the UK prepare for the reopening of non-essential retail, bosses at the mobile network O2 are backing the nation’s high streets, with a £4.4m cash injection to ensure stores are ready for a ‘new generation’ of shopping. O2 has already invested £3.1m in store facelifts nationwide since January, and is expected to add a further £1.3m by mid-2021.

The new store refits make greater use of the shop space, providing a fresh look and feel which includes new store furniture. O2 has also replaced all existing lighting with energy efficient LED lamps, as part of its work to become the UK’s first net zero mobile network.

Shops in locations including Romford, Perth and Grimsby stand to benefit, with O2 investing in smaller out of town premises, as the pandemic changes the way customers choose to shop.

New holographic technology will also appear at the front of Flagship stores – at The O2, Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham – injecting something new onto the high street to help encourage customers back into stores. The hologram will take the form of Bubl – O2’s loyal and reliable blue robot – who will be helping to ensure customers have the best possible service as well as demonstrating new products.

In addition, O2 also continued to invest in its people with a comprehensive customer service programme prior to reopening to help ensure a fantastic customer experience for all shoppers. You can read more on what we have planned here.

Reopening safely

O2 will be redeploying technology rolled out last year to ensure staff and customer can access stores safely, ensuring they are COVID safe environments. This will include virtual queuing technology, allowing all customers to skip the queues and instead join a virtual system, receiving a text when an advisor is ready to assist them in a personal one to one appointment.

O2’s store teams will also implement the following process in stores:

• Social distancing measures throughout each store, with clear two metre floor markings
  • Personalised service with a limit on the number of customers in-store at any one time
  • Appointment system to make sure customers are not held in unnecessary queues or kept waiting
  • Contactless payment limit has been increased to £45 with email receipts.
  • All employees will be equipped with the appropriate PPE, including face coverings
  • Screens at all open service areas
  • Enhanced cleaning processes across stores with all product displays, furniture and chairs to be sanitised after every customer

NHS and Care Workers who show their ID badges will also be given VIP access to skip the queue to speak to an advisor in store.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, on the 12th then?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35207 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Saw this on Twitter earlier, seems England and Wales first...

Screenshot_20210406-181716.png

No word about Scotland, and NI has been schtumm - need a haircut first to be able to make my way to the nearest O2 shop in my case, and no word of them opening here yet! 😖

bad-hair-dont-care-bad-hair-day.gif

Message 3 of 11

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Yes exactly @MI5 @pgn ! Stores in England and Wales are due to reopen on 12th April. Scotland will be 26th April. We don’t have a concrete date for NI yet but will let you know once there is an update!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thank you slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @TheresaV 

Could I also ask if we will be keeping our account advisors on the forum after April 12th? (I hope so)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

The account advisors are different from the store staff who joined during the pandemic @Cleoriff and we have no plans to remove them, so no need to worry smiling

signature

Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pleased to hear it @TheresaV. I've got used to tagging them when things look hopeless....rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Pleased to hear it @TheresaV. I've got used to tagging them when things look hopeless....rofl

That's exactly what they are there for @Cleoriff, they're happy to help if it's getting a bit too tricky smiling 

signature

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to hear we are keeping the account advisers @TheresaV 

A lot of queries can't be handled instore

Message 10 of 11