Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Network Update: Virtual Interview- TBC

Anonymous
Not applicable

********** Delayed due to tube strike***********

More details here

Hey Guys,

We have another community exclusive. Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back our Network team to be discussing all things O2 Network eg Signal, 4G,3G , 2G HD voice data ect.

Our virtual interview will be on the 6th of August at 09:30 AM but you can start asking the questions right now!

We’ve had a strong year, some ups some downs but mainly positive: We’ve rolled out HD voice, reached 75% of the UK population for 4G. We’ve passed the 500 towns and cities mark as detailed in our recent press release and many more.

We’ve also had some downs too, we’re not perfect, but we want to get better, so your feedback and questions are really important to us so we can continue to improve.

Here’s our latest network video

If your new to the Community, check out this handy guide on how to get started and post, to ask a question just hit the reply button once you’re signed in.

The Guys you’ll be asking the questions are: Brendan O’Reilly Chief Technology Officer at Telefónica UK, Andrew Stead Network Rollout Manager, Neill Baucutt- Network Quality Manager

Right, ask away and we’ll be live replying on the 6th at 09:30 sharp!

Oh before i forget. Do ask your questions in bold!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

When are we going to see improvements in network connectivity for the UK 1m commuters? Connectivity is bad on trains into and out of London and also around major stations in London (Kings Cross is very poor).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/mobile-phones/11159142/Worst-mobile-networks-for-London-rail-c...

I can't speculate on commutes to other towns, but imagine if the connectivity is bad to the capital then it's bad elsewhere too. If O2 wants to contribute to the UK economy and have customers taking larger data plans, it'd have a plan around this. As the world's 5 largest economy, it'd be great if mobile operators could get their acts together and gives us top 10 data connectivity? http://blog.rottenwifi.com/top-10-countries-best-mobile-internet/

Message 31 of 32

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

1. When is the North East going to get some tender care and atention?  Please can the O2 signal monitors visit Durham, and drive and walk around?  Please can they then do the same during University student term time.  Firstly, at all times the signal is highly variable from NOTHING WHATSOEVER to reasonable 3G.  It can drop to nothing within a few yards.  Secondly, the quality drops significantly during term time, particularly for me as there are student residences nearer the mast.

2. What is the point of O2 Wifi?

• 2a. I cannot use a hotspot via my browser. 

Whenever I am near a hotspot, my phone will connect.  Then it opens the O2 page which welcomes me back by name - so it knows I am a customer and logged in.  Thereafter all it does is loop - whatever web site (or search from the O2 page with my name on) it comes back to the exact same page.

• 2b. The corollary to this is What is wrong with the O2 Wifi app in Android.  I HAVE NEVER IN THE LAST 3 YEARS OF OWNING AN ANDROID PHONE GOT IT TO LOG ME IN.  At best it shows me local hotspots. 

When I was in the O2 shop today, with strong HSPA and very strong WiFi, I tried to use the O2 WiFi app to connect so I could get into the MyO2 app.  It would not connect, indeed it didn't know where it was and in the MyO2 app, the connection was rejected by the server. I had to shut off WiFi to get logged in to MyO2.  The in-store Guru merely said the wifi was poor in the shop, and better in MacDonalds!

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 32 of 32