Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Network Update: Virtual Interview- TBC

Anonymous
Not applicable

********** Delayed due to tube strike***********

More details here

Hey Guys,

We have another community exclusive. Back by popular demand, we’re bringing back our Network team to be discussing all things O2 Network eg Signal, 4G,3G , 2G HD voice data ect.

Our virtual interview will be on the 6th of August at 09:30 AM but you can start asking the questions right now!

We’ve had a strong year, some ups some downs but mainly positive: We’ve rolled out HD voice, reached 75% of the UK population for 4G. We’ve passed the 500 towns and cities mark as detailed in our recent press release and many more.

We’ve also had some downs too, we’re not perfect, but we want to get better, so your feedback and questions are really important to us so we can continue to improve.

Here’s our latest network video

If your new to the Community, check out this handy guide on how to get started and post, to ask a question just hit the reply button once you’re signed in.

The Guys you’ll be asking the questions are: Brendan O’Reilly Chief Technology Officer at Telefónica UK, Andrew Stead Network Rollout Manager, Neill Baucutt- Network Quality Manager

Right, ask away and we’ll be live replying on the 6th at 09:30 sharp!

Oh before i forget. Do ask your questions in bold!

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can the mobile network really support all the virtual providers that piggy back on it - O2 users experience congestion and quite often and my 4G speed on average is less than I was getting on Three on 3G. Are O2 customers getting a poorer service because of the virual operators?

Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
What makes a great customer service advisor
Message 22 of 32

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Someone who knows what they're talking about! 😝
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 23 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do the stores work so slow and then mess up the order? Also please update your online order system and use an alternative courier. I.e DPD, MYHERMES, TNT, PARCEL FORCE/ROYAL MAIL as ukmail are absolutely abismal when ordering online you can't guarentee free next day delivery with ukmail as they mess up the order up by either not delivering the item or delivering it to the wrong address or losing the item there drivers are bad too there so abrupt with customers and threaten to keep your order if you tell them the phone has to be sent back to the seller(O2). Yet o2 still expects the customer to pay and think that the customer is lying when saying that they haven't received the item/s ordered when planned although you've had to stay in special

Message 24 of 32

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for your questions!

Unfortunately, some of these questions will not be answered by the network team, as they do not relate to the work they do. Please make sure that all questions are directly related to O2's network and signal.

Any questions are not answered however will be tended to my myself if at all possible,. slight_smile

Keep them coming!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 25 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I RARELY complain and try to just get on with things but this company has just about made my situation as bad as it could ever get. Where do I begin? I chatted with them as I noticed I had a charge on my account that was supposed to be part of my international favorites (that I pay for every month). The woman said the following (verbatim as I have a screenshot): "You'll not be charged for this and please be assured it will not happen again". Then went on to say the credit amount will be reflected before the bill is generated. This chat was several weeks ago BEFORE my bill and I have proof in a screenshot of the chat message. Of course they have it as well but refuse to take responsibility for this. I then received a text message yesterday saying I had to pay the full amount (without the credit) so I chatted again and the final answer was that the credit was going on the next bill. SO not only was I lied to but now they have had the audacity to say that there is nothing they can do now that the bill has been generated. I KNOW that there is something they can do. They are the company, their accounts, their billing. I called this morning as the chat service was obviously NOT working and was told again that there was nothing they could do. Washing their hands of their responsibility once again. AND on top of that, my last month's device charge had not been deducted and I was late on payment. I NEVER unauthorised any payments. I was told to call my bank. BUT before hanging up I wanted proof of credit. Carmen advised she had sent the text to my phone 3-5 times and also sent a email and I have yet to receive either. I tried to keep her on the line until I had some type of proof but she would not stay on. Why were they not able to send me text or email? THEY ARE the phone company I pay for these types of services??? I went on to call my bank who then advised that there had been no transactions on O2's end and are now sending a letter that I will get within 5 working days to have written proof from my bank that no such payments have been UNAUTHORISED. So I found myself wanting to make a payment I did not want to make in the first place and could not do it!!!! RIGHT?? Get where I am going with this? I propose to this company that they take a serious look at the treatment of customers and most important that they VALUE their customers because without them they would NOT exist. Bottom line is they did not keep their word and I am not happy about that. Not once did I feel any type of retribution for what they have caused. Yes, they credited my account and it will show on my next bill but it is about the principal of the matter and the respect they should have for their clients. I wonder if I will get a response from this? Probably not. I bet this gets deleted from their FB page.
Message 26 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You are not the first to have this happen to them I doubt you will be the last. You can complain

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Edited to add......However this is the wrong thread to post on. This one is meant for the Virtual Interviews taking place on 6th Aug about network issues. It may be better if you create a new thread.?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 32

Jamaican-Bredda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When will the 20GB data tariffs be available to sim only/pay as you go customers?
Message 28 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Not sure if this is helpful now but a few of these questions have been posted in normal font. The initial request was to post them in BOLD

I hope @Anonymous or @Toby can do something about it as there are many good questions here...sadly not in the requested format slight_frown

Edited to add @Anonymous's comment from the initial post

"Oh before i forget. Do ask your questions in bold!'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

You stated originally that you plan to cover over 95% of the POPULATED area with 3/4G by end 2017,

You also stated that you aimed to achieve this by end 2015.

How is the 2015 schedule going? On time?

What population does an area need to be considered populated?

Message 30 of 32